x

Removing the site title from page titles

I'm having a bit of an issue with my website. I am trying to create page titles that will help with SEO, but because the site title is quite long, it then cuts off part of the title and looks sloppy in search results.

Is there a way to disable the site title from appearing in the page title in search results? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

How long is your page title @Inspired83569 Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? I'm not sure if there is a way to disable that, but perhaps a shorter title would be more effective? 

Message 2 of 4

This is a screenshot of the homepage. 'Inspired B2B Marketing' is the site title. It appears at the start of the homepage result but at the end of any other page results.

A lot of our competitors have short and sweet titles on their results and don't use their site title. For the sake of SEO and standing out against the competitors, we have to use titles that show exactly what we do, and what's on the page. But the title often runs over the limit as the site title is present. 

Message 2 of 4
Square

I am not an SEO expert by any means, but I can't imagine there would be a way to hide that without also hiding the content from the Google crawl bots as well. Which would then defeat the purpose of using those key words in your title. 

Here's some great info from Google: 

"While we can't manually change titles or snippets for individual sites, we're always working to make them as relevant as possible. You can help improve the quality of the title and snippet displayed for your pages by following the general guidelines below."

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35624?hl=en

Message 2 of 4