x

SEO page Description dose not update when edited.

SEO page Description is not updated when SEO Description is updated.

All changes made when published are live, except for SEO Description.

Any way to correct this problem?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

@dddim 

Are you referring to the page description as it appears on search engine results? If so, this won't happen until Google, Bing etc have recrawled your site. You can request site indexing from Google via their search console. I'm not sure about Bing or Yandex, but Google don't guarantee to use your SEO page description and, if their algorithm decides that it's not suitable for some reason, they will simply grab text from your webpages. Other than making sure your descriptions fit their criteria, there's nothing you can do about it.

Gary 

Message 2 of 7

Hi Gary

Not at Microsoft’s end, in the SEO settings of the website in Weebly’s editor, when I check the page info online after updating, saving, and publishing, all things that I have changed other than the description is updated, the description remains as it was prior to editing saving and publishing.

Why is that happening and how can we fix it.

Thank You . for your help.

Danny

Message 2 of 7

@dddim 

The older version of the description you're seeing is the version that existed the last time your site was crawled. It will remain on display until your site is recrawled by the search engine. Anytime you make major changes to your website you should request a recrawl. It will eventually happen anyway, but it might take months. A recrawl request usually takes days.

Gary

Message 2 of 7

Thank you, Gary

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I am testing that scenario.

Message 2 of 7

Okay, Thank you Garry that worked out as you said it would page . Took it's time.
Message 2 of 7

@seicolegwr wrote:

@dddim 

The older version of the description you're seeing is the version that existed the last time your site was crawled. It will remain on display until your site is recrawled by the search engine. Anytime you make major changes to your website you should request a recrawl. It will eventually happen anyway, but it might take months. A recrawl request usually takes days.

Gary

Thanks for sharing such a helpful information.
Now a these month I started SEO on other CMS but somebody tell me about weebly. 
To be honest i really shocking when i visit. That's incredible.

Message 2 of 7