x

SSL enabled and has been secure but recently has become insecure

My site www.peaceproject.org.au was secure and just recently has become insecure.  SSL is still enabled.  I havent changed anything so I dont understand why it changed.

My domain is hosted with GoDaddy.  I haven't change anything there.  Any ideas or tips how to fix would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

so I disabled the SSL and now when I try to enable the SSL i get an error --- error encountered creating certificate
Message 2 of 5
Square

Thanks for posting, @PeaceProjectAU. It looks like your domain name has a CAA record which is preventing the issuance of an SSL certificate. Can you remove that record?

Message 2 of 5

My SSL certificate was generated by Godaddy in a .txt file.  (csr.txt and private-key.txt) They say I need to send this information to Weebly.  The informtion from Weebly on how to enable SSL does not work does not address using csr and private-key files. I have my Godaddy IP address pointed to Weebly but the SSL number does not transfer.  I'm ready to give up and use wordpress in order to avoid both companies kicking me back and forth.   

Message 2 of 5
Square

You don't need to use the SSL certificate from GoDaddy if your domain is pointed to us, @wakmart. Open your site in the website editor and go to the Settings tab, then click the enable option for SSL. You may need to update the IP address your domain points to, but otherwise that's all you need to do.

Message 2 of 5