x
Super Seller

STATS - need more

The stats dashboard is a good start but I'd like to be able to slice and dice it a bit more.  I.E if I do a facebook ad boost, I'd like to see what days that creates referral activity for and compare month over month, versus just looking at the aggregate number for m.fb and www.fb for the entire month.  Is there a more advanced dashboard I'm missing somewhere, or an export with more specific details?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hey again @bmarx! Have you added Google Analytics to your site yet? For the kind of in-depth stats you're looking for that's probably the best option right now.

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201979698-Google-Analytics

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Best Answer

Hey again @bmarx! Have you added Google Analytics to your site yet? For the kind of in-depth stats you're looking for that's probably the best option right now.

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201979698-Google-Analytics

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

putting in place as we speak, thanks Adam!

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

Wow, can't believe how much information I'm getting from the Google Analytics site by adding this in.  Now I'm looking at the source code of my competitors sites (that were built by "professional" web developers) and I'm shocked they don't have the script for it in there.  I've already started changing how I target my facebook ads based on what I'm seeing on the Google Analytics dashboard.

Message 2 of 7

Thanks!

Message 2 of 7

I'm confused as to the vast disparity between the stats I see on Weebly vs. the stats I get from Google Analytics or Sumo. How is it possible for example that Weebly says I have 11,181 page views a week, but Google Analytics via Sumo, says I only have 488? How do I know which one is right? Where is the data pulled from? I'm very confused as to how all this works and would like to know exactly how many people (if any) are coming to my site before I invest anymore money in it. 

Message 2 of 7
Square

The difference in numbers is due to the different methods that we and Google use to track. Google uses cookies which notoriously undercount, and we track by IP which will get every single hit to the site (including bots and spiders, etc). If you average the two numbers you'll get the best picture of how many human visitors you're getting to your site.

Message 2 of 7