x

Semrush not seeing SEO page descriptions

Hey!

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere - still VERY new to using Weebly. 

I've been working hard to make sure the site is SEO optimised from day 1 of building it but after running a Semrush audit I'm getting errors that it's not picking up the meta descriptions - also, when I run a Google search the descriptions aren't showing as expected. 

Any insight would be much appreciated -  I'm trying to break ground in a heavily contested marketplace so SEO is absolutely key in succeeding. 

If it's of any help - all the pages coming back with no descriptions are blog posts (extra frustrating from a strategic SEO point of view).

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square

Which meta descriptions is it not finding, @BenAndyC? It can take a littl while for Google search results to update if you've made changes, though if that tool is scanning your site it should see whatever newer SEO info you've added.

Message 2 of 9

Hey Adam,

Semrush is saying it's the meta descriptions for the blog posts. I've run the report again and it's saying that there aren't any meta descriptions for any published posts, even though there are descriptions & lengthy amounts of content. 

Maybe it's just a Semrush thing? I'm genuinely not sure...?

I've checked with a google 'site:xxxxx' search and the meta's are showing up there...?

Thanks!

Ben

Message 2 of 9
Square

It sounds like it's something with that tool. Strange that it would have a problems since the meta tags are just standard meta tags.

Message 2 of 9

Hey Adam,

Thanks for your reply on this.

Since your message, I've also ran a ScreamingFrog report and it's showing me the same thing. 

MyPamperedPup Screaming Frog Report

Here's the thing, there are descriptions that I've included in the Weebly page editor and they are definitely there. 

The descriptions aren't showing in google for these blog posts either. 

Is this an issue with Weebly? Please, can you help as SEO is a huge part of my strategy and I need these descriptions to pull through as they should!

Thanks!

Message 2 of 9
Square

Are these descriptions you entered into the field found in Post Options for a post, @BenAndyC1? Another user here in Community had eagle eyes and noticed that the meta tag we add for blog posts is formatted slightly differently, and is probably causing what you see. I opened a ticket with our engineers to get that fixed, so hopefully it should be resolved soon.

Message 2 of 9

Hey Adam,

Thanks for your quick reply, that's totally right - added the details in the section of the post to submit meta information. 

If you guys are working on this then that's totally fine - I'll keep my eyes peeled for any updates to this. It would be good if we can be kept in the loop though so I can resubmit the blog to search console and get the meta descriptions pulling through correctly. 

Thanks a lot!

Ben

Message 2 of 9

Hi,

is is there any update on this? Seeing similar problems with pages from my sites too and it's not ideal at all. Otherwise very happy with Weebly!

Message 2 of 9

Hey there! This is still something we're at work on. If you're seeing specific issues, though, definitely get in touch with our team through hc.weebly.com as well, as having more information is always useful in getting things resolved.

Message 2 of 9