x

how to create and add google sitemaps

Hi all,
how do I create and add google sitemaps to my weebly-sites?

Thanks  for any help.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for your post, @veetvale. We automatically generate a site map for your site, which you can find by adding /sitemap.xml to the end of your site address.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Best Answer

Thanks for your post, @veetvale. We automatically generate a site map for your site, which you can find by adding /sitemap.xml to the end of your site address.

Message 2 of 6

Hi, I've tried this with both of my sites ( I tried www. and https:// )and get the following error message - Please enter a valid path to a sitemap in your site. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there! It sounds like you are getting that error message from a 3rd party. If that is the case, try contacting them to ask why this is happening.  We include a sitemap with all of our sites. If you notice that your site does not have a sitemap you should contact our support to look into your account in further detail.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 6

Hi Adam

Is there anyway to prioritise what Weebly selects for the XML sitemap? I have my least important pages coming up at the top?

Thanks

Message 2 of 6
Square

Thanks for posting, @KelL1e. I don't believe there is, and I'm not sure what dictates the order that pages are listed. My first guess would be they're listed in the order they were added to the site, but I've never checked the sitemap after adding a page to see if that's the case.

Message 2 of 6