x

Footer Links and Spacing

I have the portfolio plan and an upgraded site...I changed the footer from the weebly branded one...somehow i messed up the spacing of the links at the bottom, and couldn't get it to go back to the original...now it's totally messed up. is there a way to reset it to the original layout?

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

It looks like that may be related to the size of the window. Just to check, can you expand the window size of the editor at all?

View Best Answer >

Message 19 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

@mschumpert

Link to your website?

Message 19 of 18

the website is birddogn.com ...  originally, it had the same links at the bottom as at the top evenly spaced. then somehow the spacing got messed up with 3 squeezed to the left, and one taking the right half of header...i couldn't figure out how to resize it, so i deleted it to try and reinsert, but that didn't work and i ended up deleting all but the home link...I'd like to get it back to the original format...

Message 19 of 18

@mschumpert

You said "but that didn't work and i ended up deleting all but the home link...I'd like to get it back to the original format..."

I'm seeing all the links in the footer?

Message 19 of 18

this is what i see on my end...maybe the difference is because i haven't published it? how do I undo and go back to the way it was? TIA

Message 19 of 18

Hey there! You should be able to drag the elements to one side of what's currently there to set them side-by-side. From there, you can click and drag the borders to size them. Are you running into any issues setting that up here?

Message 19 of 18

thanks, but currently my links are no longer showing up...is there a way to reset the footer back to its original set up? TIA

Message 19 of 18

I had wanted to just reset to the original layout, but this was my attempt at recreating it...image

The problem may be the line between hunt and contact. it doesn't want to move to resize the contact link. If I delete it, then Hunt takes it's place as shown here...

If there is a way to delete the whole footer and start over, maybe I should do that? I don't know how to resolve it...

The most significant recent change I made prior to seeing this problem was plugging in some seo code into the header field under settings...could that be the issue?

fyi, I still haven't saved the footer nor published the site, so it may not show up on the live site yet. 

Message 19 of 18

You should be able to drag those border lines to rearrange the spacing, and holding Shift can help them snap into place and stay even. Is it refusing to move there?

Message 19 of 18

I've tried dragging the border lines, with and without holding shift down...yes they refuse to move...any idea what's wrong? TIA

Message 19 of 18
Square

Are you clicking on the small vertical dividers between elements, or some other border? Make sure you're clicking and dragging the vertical dividers like shown in your screenshot. You can also just click on those and delete the entire columns element to start over.

Message 19 of 18

Yes, I've been clicking on the vertical dividers. I can't get them to evenly distribute. The one on the right always takes about half or more of the space. I deleted all the elements, then added them back. the same problem still happens...

Message 19 of 18
Square

I added the one link you were missing from your screenshot, and the spacing looks good to me now in the editor. Can you refresh or re-open your site in the editor and check again?

Message 19 of 18

thanks for adding the link back...I just refreshed my editor...this is what it looks like...

Message 19 of 18

Best Answer

It looks like that may be related to the size of the window. Just to check, can you expand the window size of the editor at all?

Message 19 of 18

Good grief...yes, it appears that's what it was...after resizing the window, it looks fine...

Tags (1)
Message 19 of 18

Hi,

I have an almost identical issue on my site (https://doctorrob.com.au/).

Using a good sized window, the spacing of the footer elements is even and looks great. As you shrink it, the right hand side element initially takes over half the space and the rest are squashed up and go to multiple lines of text (which looks ridiculous), until finally it is smaller still and they all apear in a nice neat column (rather than a row).

Is there a way to fix the issues for inbetween sizes? On my desktop it looks great, on my iPad, it doesn't.

rob.

Message 19 of 18
Square

Hi Rob! Smiley Happy Your issue looks a bit different than the op question because your spacing looks pretty even across the row. I'm going to check with Adam to see if he has any thought on this because I'm a bit stumped. 😕 

Message 19 of 18