x

Can't get the Bayside Inn theme's menus back

I like the Bayside Inn Theme, in part because it has my organization's name at the top and a menu underneath that.  I played around with other themes and made the mistake of selecting one, because now when I choose the Bayside Inn theme, everything looks like the Bayside Inn Theme EXCEPT the menu under the organization name at the top is gone.  How can I get it back?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Hey @TAS_Sisterhood! When I check your site in the editor and live, I see your menu. Did you still need help with this?

Message 8 of 7

Thanks for your speedy response.  I do still have questions related to this issue.

When I edit my site (in Chrome, on my main monitor), I have the site up in Firefox (on my secondary monitor) and each time I publish, I refresh the page.  The Firefox page doesn't have the menus on top.  Instead it has three horizontal lines in the top left corner, and if I click on that, I get a dropdown with my menus.  When I got your message, I brought up my page in Chrome, and the menus were at the top, and the three horizontal lines in the top left corner are absent.  

So is this actually a Chrome vs. Firefox issue?  Is there a switch in Firefox to put the menus on the page and not in a drop-down?

Another Chrome vs. Firefox issue:  I have text under the header image listing all the people in the picture.  I want the type to be small, which it *is* in Chrome, but not in Firefox.  Is this something I can do something about?

And one last issue relating to themes:  I would like to reduce the space between the header image and the text below it.  Is that an option?  If so, how do I do it?  I suppose I can embed the text in the image, which would solve my type size problem too.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 7
Square

How large is your browser window in FireFox? It sounds like the window is small enough that the site is responding in the same way it would on a mobile device. If so that's the way that responsive themes are designed to work - on smaller screens they change a little bit for a better experience on smaller devices.

Message 8 of 7

Oh, I figured it out. The screen width and zoom level of my Firefox was set to values so that it was in mobile mode.  Chrome was just slightly larger so it was not in mobile mode.

I'd still like to know if I can reduce the space between the image and the text below it, though.

Message 8 of 7

HEY!  Your response wasn't showing when I typed mine!  I guess I should have refreshed the session before typing.

Message 8 of 7
Square

That's ok! I'm glad we were both able to figure out what was going on with your navigation. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 7