x

Can't Add Anything to Cart!

I am having an issue where I cannot add anything to a cart. I select the items, but cannot change the quantity at all; it stays at 0. I had no problem earlier this evening, but now... nothing.

Updated to add: It works fine on mobile, but not on desktop. Tried with both Chrome and Safari.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square

Sorry to hear that, @roxiesfunko. Is this on a product page itself or when viewing the cart? I didn't have any trouble on either page myself when trying:

Message 2 of 24

Seems to be working on and off. I cleared my cookies in both browsers and it started working fine with desktop, but then not mobile. Had a customer just emailed me that from mobile she could add to cart, but when she clicked checkout, nothing was in the cart. Not sure what the glitch is.

Message 3 of 24

Hey there! Were Chrome and Safari both being used on the mobile device as well?

Message 4 of 24

I wonder if this is a similar problem to the one that has been mentioned before that older browsers cant use the add to cart button - which basically used to work on older browsers but now doesnt! Maybe the problem is more widespread and as before I am annoyed that this basic functionality does not work on IE as an example!

Message 5 of 24
Square

Hard to say without knowing what browsers or versions it happens in. @roxiesfunko, do you know what mobile browser your customer was using?

Message 6 of 24

My website is doing the same thing. Can someone fix this problem?
Message 10 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Goalfit - Can you please provide me with more details related to your issue so we can look into this for you. Are you receiving some kind of error, what's going on? 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 24

it doesn't say error, but it won't let you click on add to cart or quantity.

Message 10 of 24

Hey Adam -- 

I'm having the same issue on my store. Customers can navigate to the item/product page, but when the "add to cart" button is clicked, nothing happens. Please, please advise of a solution. Who knows how long I've been missing sales because of it!

thanks heaps, in advance!

Message 10 of 24

Just re-published my page and it seems to be working now. Weird!  Any feedback on why this might be happening? Is there somewhere I can read up on this? 

Message 11 of 24

Hey there! Good to hear things are working again. With the site re-published, it might be tough to tell what the cause was. It sounds like something in the Store settings might have been incomplete.

Message 12 of 24

I’m missing sales right now because of this. I need this to be fixed !
Message 14 of 24

Hello! i cant seem to fix this problem... I can't add anything to the cart and i have looked for a fix and can't seem to find anything to see if it is enabled or not...

Message 20 of 24
Square

HI @Nandz What is the name of your site, please?

Message 20 of 24

Message 20 of 24
Square

Hi @Nandz Did you set up pricing or inventory on any of your items when you set them up on Square? Can you do me a favor and take a screenshot of one of your items on Square's end? On the setup page. Thanks!

Message 20 of 24

Hello, i want to delete the site and create a whole new different one. It doesn't let me delete it maybe cause i am on the free version, but i need to delete it to change everything cause i am also changing the company name.

Message 20 of 24
Square

Hi @Nandz. Deleting a site is permanent and may mess up your Square sync. If you are changing the name of the business and starting over it would be best to start a brand new account. If you want the site (permanently) deleted you will need to contact support. hc.weebly.com

Message 20 of 24

Hi Adam, I am having the same issue as the poster, but only for clothing products and only on desktop. I use Chrome and my site is www.hungrydogfarm/merch. Would appreciate some help!

Message 25 of 24
Square

Hi @hungrydogfarm Welcome to the Community 👋

I was able to add a shirt to the cart. I did notice that the "add to cart" button was disabled until I clicked on the color swatch to confirm the color of the shirt. Can you please let us know if you are able to add to cart after selecting the color? 

Message 25 of 24