x
Beta Member

Change default country

Can we get an option to change the default country (in the check out process)?!

Numerous clients think they have done something wrong as the state input is positioned ABOVE the country selection.

It also requests the user to enter their phone number twice ... why?!

Combined with our previous question around why the phone area codes showed in a jumble of digits, it really begs the question if you've paid any attention to User Experience and Interface at all.

Please advise 

CC @Bernadette 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

I have had many complaints and questions about why I only post to the USA when I'm based in Australia. The lack of this feature has stopped me from upgrading to a paid site and I'm now looking at other platforms to move my business to.
Message 9 of 8
Square

Thanks for the feedback, guys. This is something our Product team is definitely aware of as it's a common request from our non-US sellers. Hopefully we get a change made to this soon!

Message 9 of 8

Hi Adam,

Any updates on the progress of this fix?

Cheers

Matt

Message 9 of 8

Hi team, 

Any update on the progress of this one? 
I helped a client build their online store on weebly through Square and so far so many limitations are making it very disappointing to hand over. This being one of them!

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 8

Can I add my voice to this too? Am using Weebly over other platforms, client is selling purely within Ireland so the checkout drop-down default should show Ireland not US. Explaining why this isn't possible ("They are looking at it") doesn't wash.

Come on Weebly it's not a major fix to set a country default to match the appropriate field in the store address!

Message 9 of 8

Hey 

any updates 

thanks 

Message 9 of 8
Square

I believe this was updated already, @WatchaSelling Do you still see a different country displayed at checkout? 

Message 9 of 8