x

EAN / UPC addition?

UPDATED QUESTION!

I can't believe in this day and age anyone can seriously consider themself as offering a business template website, such as weebly do, without having the option to add a EAN / UPC number? Google are now pushing any items for sale without barcodes right to the back of the queue and this seriously harms sales. It's no good mastering SEO if you are ignoring the big push for barcodes as a product identifier. Even the likes of ebay are having to fall in line to get anything their well ranked on google.

My old site on 1&1 had this facility years ago, why on earth isnt something so basic available on weebly?

I keep seeing new 'extra cost' items being offered but not something as basic as this.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is just slipping the barcode into the description enough or is that not going to make any difference? Don't want to have to uproot and move the site as i like it generally, but with nearly 800 product lines and a big push to make us less reliant on ebay, this is a serious issue.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

Do you already have barcodes for your products, @Leovon1? If you do you could use those with standard image elements on individual product pages.

Message 2 of 5

@Leovon1: I am border line **bleep**.  Tell me how would a barcode element on an e-store work?  To the best of my knowledge I have not seen them on amzn or ebay or even google chrome store.  Even if they were there it would make web page very ugly.

Message 3 of 5

Hi, sorry i think i have caused confusion here with poor wording. What i meant was the addition of a EAN or UPC. Google are giving higher preference to items with them now days, even the likes of ebay are having to fall in line - hence they are forcing people to add them now.

I always had the option on my old 1&1 business package and am pretty suprised not to see it in a weebly one. To be honest it needs to be an option as a product identifier.

No need for the actual barcode image, but the number is a must.

Message 4 of 5
Square

You're welcome to post that on our Vote on Features board, @Leovon1.

Message 5 of 5