x

How are transaction fees charged / collected?

Hi, can someone please explain the fees for paypal on the Pro account and how these are charged and collected by weebly?  I see different amounts in different places and nowhere explains how the costs are taken.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Hey @Ger! PayPal is only available for sites upgraded to Business, and we don't take any percentage of it.  If you use Stripe (which is available for non-Business plans), we take out %3 of each transaction automatically, so you don't need to do anything special.

Message 2 of 7

Hi Adam - if we sign up for Stripe, are we able to see who has purchased our items? I am trying to set up our store to sell tickets to a workshop, and I will need to know who has paid.

Message 3 of 7

I am in Taiwan and use eCommerce for more than 2 years.

PayPal is the only method for me to collect money on my orders.

They would charge 4.4% (or 3.9% if monthly turnover is more than $3000 or 3.7% if $10,000...etc.) + $0.30 per transaction.

So assume you have not reached $3,000 per month and someone pays you $100, PayPal charges you $4.40 + $0.30 or $8.80 + $0.30 if the order is $200.

And using eCommerce with my own webstore, yes all orders are clear that I have all shipping addresses.

There are 2 mails per order, one from weebly's setting and one from PayPal.

Hope this is helpful.

Message 4 of 7
Square

@Katiejill127 wrote:

Hi Adam - if we sign up for Stripe, are we able to see who has purchased our items? I am trying to set up our store to sell tickets to a workshop, and I will need to know who has paid.

You'll be able to see who purchased in Store > Orders, where contact info for your customer as well as what the ordered will be shown for each order.

Message 5 of 7

If I am using Stripe for my ecommerce, is the 3% noted above the only fee, or is that just the weebly transaction fee and Stripe withholds an additional fee. If there is an additional fee, what is that? When I look at my stripe deposits into our bank account, that number seems to vary (on the same product and quantity).

Thanks

Message 6 of 7

Hello jhouston! The percentage mentioned there is the transaction fee specific to Pro accounts. It would be in addition to processor fees.

Message 7 of 7