x

How do I connect my site so I can sell on Facebook and Instagram?

[Note: The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience in creating a Facebook catalog with their Weebly ecommerce site?

I would like to be able to post on Instragram with the shopping tag, but from what I've read I need to create a Facebook catalog first.

Message 1 of 51
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

With a Square Online store, it is possible to sync your online store with Facebook and Instagram to sell on both (Square acquired Weebly in 2018 so Weebly is now a Square product). To create a Square Online store, go to Squareup.com and create an account, then click on the "Online" link in your Square Dashboard and click the button to get started.

For more detailed instructions, see the connecting with Facebook and connecting with Instragram articles in the Square support site.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Square

Can you contact our support team if you haven't yet, @shanblack? I don't see anything set up wrong within your store settings, so I think it would help for our CS team and potentially Advanced Support team to have a look.

https://www.weebly.com/app/help/

Message 52 of 51

Hi, I see there's a partial data in weebly compared to what Facebook is aking for, below is the example of what I see in weebly on my product page, and here is what facebook needs

If you would be able to fix this, the integration for Facebook catalog, Instagram and Weebly will work how it is supposed to be, please do something about it because we need it now more than ever to sell our products online. Thanks in advance.

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
  "@context":"https://schema.org",
  "@type":"Product",
  "productID":"facebook_tshirt_001",
  "name":"Facebook T-Shirt",
  "description":"Unisex Facebook T-shirt, Small",
  "url":"https://example.org/facebook",
  "image":"https://example.org/facebook.jpg",
  "brand":"facebook",
  "offers": [
    {
      "@type": "Offer",
      "price": "7.99",
      "priceCurrency": "USD",
      "itemCondition": "https://schema.org/NewCondition",
      "availability": "https://schema.org/InStock"
    }
  ],
  "additionalProperty": [{
    "@type": "PropertyValue",
    "propertyID": "item_group_id",
    "value": "fb_tshirts"
  }]
}
</script>

Message 52 of 51
Square

Hi @GG_Store It looks like you are already connected to your FB store. Is it not working properly? 

Message 52 of 51

That's right, it is not working, because weebly only pass 3 parameters (title, description and image) which facebook sees on their side (see photo below), so this causes to show the products in my facebook shop but all unavailable and with no prices, which is no good. We need weebly to correct this by adding more parameters, all the ones required by Facebook to be able to work properly.

Message 52 of 51
Square

Can you contact our support team and submit that information to them, @GG_Store? They can escalate that to our engineers if something isn't working correctly.

Message 52 of 51

Did this get sorted out. I can see products, images, and prices on my FB shop but I can't get the categories to show up. 

Message 52 of 51
Square

Hi @mainstreetfg I think you actually do this on Facebook's end. It looks like they refer to it as "Collections" and not categories. https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1658025111111721?id=206236483305742

Message 52 of 51

Thanks. I was hoping there was a way to integrate the categories that are already set up in the weebly/square shop but alas, it appears that's no avaiable yet. Thank you for responding.

Message 52 of 51
Square

You're welcome! Smiley Happy 

Message 52 of 51
Beta Member

Did this get sorted?  I also have a FB Shop Integration Issue.  Inventory count per variant is not populating within the Shop Store.

Message 52 of 51
Square

Hi @JAT I'm not sure if that is something that is supposed to sync. Can you post a link to your Facebook shop page? Thanks! 

Message 52 of 51

could you give me step by step instructions on how to set up the facebook catolog? or where i can find info on how to do that?

Message 52 of 51

can you tell me the instructions on how to set up a facebook store? 

Message 52 of 51
Square

For the account type that you have, you'll need to export your products to a CSV and then modify that so you can import it to your Facebook shop, @swankyshoppe.

Message 52 of 51

i appreciate you responding! so will i need to do this every week so the inventory is up to date?  so frustrating! 

Message 52 of 51
Square

Yes, although we may have some options in the future that might make this much simpler. 

Message 52 of 51

@Adam Do you know how much into the future it will be before this feature will finally be available?  People have been requesting it for literally three years and the fact it still is not available is exceptionally frusterating, especially given Weebly's reputation as one of the frontrunners in website hosting.  Thank you.

Message 52 of 51
Square

We don't have any updates to provide. Did you see Adam's suggestion above about manually adding with a csv? 

Message 52 of 51

If I had a Square Store, rather than a Weebly store would it be possible to link to Facebook & Instagram? Not having realtime inventory control would present a huge problem, so telling us to upload a CSV file is a rediculous suggestion.

It's issues like this...being unable to link to Facebook catalog /Instagram Shop that are making me look elsewhere for a host, Weebly doesn't even seem to be trying to stay up-to-date.  

I was such a fan of Weebly, not anymore. I'm so disappointed.

Message 52 of 51
Square

I understand the frustration and wish I could provide more clarification for you. The integration for Facebook and Instagram is only available through the new editor at this time. If you want to use it you would need to create a new account through Square and rebuild the site using the new editor. 

Message 52 of 51

I am on the square hosted site and still having issues connecting the catalog to facebook automatically. Is there no way to do this still? I just read this thread and it looks like there was some solution for being on Square compared to the Weebly account. But to no avail I am still looking for how to make this possible. 

I am recieving this issue from Facebook

"Products on your website can't be automatically added to your catalog because of these issues.

A required field is missing: id

A required field is missing: price

A required field is missing: availability

A required field is missing: link"

Message 52 of 51