x

In person orders with Square

I have only been using Weebly for online orders due to the nature of the business but I have a new product that will involve customer payments in person.  Just ordered the Square device so I'm very new at this.

In order to calculate appropriate sales tax as ordering online through Weebly does, will I need to enter all of the information for the order through the website as if it is an online order, or is there a way to do that through Square?  Also, if I set up the order as if it is online, then choose a payment type, will the Square device work at that point?  In other words, if I have the customer order online to get the ease of the sales tax calculation, could I have them pay through the Square device?

Possibly of note:  I don't care about syncing inventory at this point.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

If they order online in person with you, it would not work with the device and they would need to enter their credit card information in the same manner as if they were ordering online from anywhere else. It is possible to set up taxes in your Square account so that you can just use the device in person, though:

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5061-create-and-manage-your-tax-settings

I'm sure we'll have more and better syncing of things in the future in terms of managing orders and taxes.

Message 3 of 2