x

New editor vs old editor

I migrated over from wordpress after simplify my square as my item/inventory base with online sales. For a while I used the square up (new editor) as a bridge between my Wordpress site but could never get it to look like my website. I tried using the old Weebly based editor and was able within a couple hours to make a replicable of my website. Is this older editor getting phased out? will it not be getting options like delivery or inventory automatic syncing... Will the new editor get a lot more flexible?  Website is kismetrefining.com   

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

First, you have a beautiful website! I have been a Weebly customer for over 8 years and was recently told by customer service that they are in fact trying to phase out the Weebly editor to the Square editor. Like you, I also need the inventory management to automatically update my website when I do in person sales. I was told that feature would never be available on the Weebly platform. They said they are doing updates to the Square website builder but as it is currently, it is not as customizable as Weebly. I will switching to Squarespace as they have all the features I need. Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 6

I am so dismayed to learn that they will be phasing out the old editor format. I've referred so many people to Weebly because of it's functionality! I was intially excited that they were picked up by Square as i thought that their features would just get better, but the new editor is terrible and so generic! Is there any where I can look to find updates? Am I going to have to rebuild my website? 

website is kariwoo.com

Message 7 of 6
Square

The old editor isn't going anywhere, @kariwoo. We do have the newer Square editor that has a lot of great features, but the classic Weebly editor will still be an option going forward as well.

Message 7 of 6

Thanks for your reply @Adam. I'm wondering if my e-commerce functions on the classic editor will remain as well? I was reading other posts that indicated that online shops via Weebly can only be built in Square now, but for shops that are already built in the classic editor will there be continue support or improvements?
Message 7 of 6
Square

You can keep using the store features with it as well, and depending on the feature it may also get new commerce features that it would share with the newer editor.

Message 7 of 6