x

Page redirects to store page

Hi,

I'm trying to redirect some old website pages to current specific store pages to help my SEO.  Can't figure out how to do this as the redirect drop-down menu only offers standard pages or the Welcome or Store page options.  No way to enter my own page to redirect to....

Example:

/accessories.html       ------------------->    http://www.sensationalteas.com/store/c5/Tea_Accessories.html

I"m having a horrible time getting Google to find my Weebly store after moving my company to over Weebly 2 yrs ago. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Hello!

Where using redirects is concerned, you'd want to have a static page to refer to, as the individual product URLs can change. Creating a Product Page for the products in question should clear that up, by adding it to the drop-down without having to build out the page for each.

Message 2 of 8

I appreciate your reply.  But, either you didn't understand my question or I don't understand your answer.  Probably the later...  🙂

I need to redirect some old pages to new, specific Weebly store pages which are 'category pages'.  Not specific products.  But redirects only allow me to redirect to 'standard' pages or the one 'Store' page or my 'Welcome' (home) page. No other options.   I've already had to (sort of) recreate dozens and dozens of fake pages for my store so Google doesn't show 200+ crawl errors.  This was what a Weebly 'pro' told me to do.  It only made my situation worse.  This is my last ditch effort to try and help google FIND my company again after almost 17 years selling online. I moved to Weebly and my business literally DIED.  Mainly because google can't find me anymore and all my in-bound links became broken.  I lost all of my history online when I switched to Weebly.  

I need to redirect my OLD website's URLs to my NEW Weebly store URLs.  

If I misunderstood your reply, would you be able to clarify a bit?  Many thanks.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8

Sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you've been making Standard Pages for those recreations. Just to clarify, you should be able to create a Category Page for each category, which would mean you wouldn't have to build the page from scratch each time. Does that make sense so far?

Message 4 of 8

Yes, that makes sense.  I'm just not sure how that has anything to do with my question.  Then again, I'm not great with putting 2 and 2 together so.....  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8

No worries! It's definitely possible I'm not understanding exactly what you're looking for. From what I can tell here, you'd like to know the best way for the redirects in your SEO settings to use regular site pages, so you can redirect the exact URLs of the products on your old site to pages on your new one?

Message 6 of 8

I am working as the developer to move my client to a new site he created on Weebly. I want to have links from products go directly to the store->product. the inbound link will be : /shop/product.html and the weebly site url will be /store/p1/product.html

I am redirecting traffic from searches that link to the old site to the weebly site.

The redirect tool does not seem to have any way to redirect incoming links to store products. How can makle this work wihtout having to make a page for each product to make this work. 

Message 7 of 8
Square

I think what you'd need to do is create a product page on the Pages tab for the product, then use that with the 301 redirect tool.

Let me know if you don't see a "product" option for the client's pages tab.

Message 8 of 8