x

Paypal and Weebly

Hi, I have upgraded to a Business account and need to know what settings will need to be changed in PayPal?  Currently I have been using the payPal cart to check out and doing the Postage charges through there. Now with the Weebly Business account the Weeby Check out should calculate the postage. If I delete all the postage calculations in PayPal will that stop the charges being added on to the Weebly Check out total. Regards Rob

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

I'm assuming it would. Do you have a Paypal Business account? Also, you would need to make sure to setup all of your shipping rules through your Weebly store settings as well. 

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/226811948-Set-Up-Shipping-Areas-and-Rates

Message 2 of 8

Hi Bernadette,
Thank you. Yes I have a PayPal business account. I wanted to know what to do before I change my site over to the Weeby eCommerce Cart. I didn't want my customers being charged twice for shipping.
Regards
Rob
Message 3 of 8
Square

If you have shipping set up in your PayPal account, I would disable those since you will be setting up shipping within your Weebly account. That should prevent your customers from getting charged shipping twice and also prevent any problems with PayPal.

Message 4 of 8

From memory this is what i had to do - disable the paypal settings completely and use the weebly ones! It works fine for the stuff I sell, it does need 'tweaking' now and again when somone buys something obscure but generally works great!

Message 5 of 8

Thank Adam and mikeg
Message 6 of 8

Hi, is it possible to offer payment via Ideal next to the PayPal option? Ideal is the most common way of payment in the Netherlands. And is there someone who can help me solve some problems in Dutch?

Message 7 of 8
Square

It wouldn't be possible right now, although this has been requested on our Vote on Features board:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Integrate-iDeal-in-Weebly-shop/idi-p/2362

Message 8 of 8