x

Possible to change Product IDs?

I didn't realize there was no way thus I deleted test pages after test pages and now left with high number pages. Also, there seems to be glitches where I am trying to copy a product page and I'm end up in a infinite loop. If I exit this infinite loop, the product page that was supposed to be made eats up a product ID. I skipped from number 57 to 60 because of this. 

I'm really frustrated about this. Can I work with someone to change this?

Thanks,

Sonya

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square

There really wouldn't be a way to reset the product ID number, although this number isn't really shown to customers other than as part of a URL string; other than being a higher number it shouldn't really have any effects on your store.

Message 2 of 5

@Adam

I know, it just bugs me seeing it in the URL. I know the customers probably don't care but it really irks me that the product ID isn't consistent especially can be caused by random glitches in copying products. 

I'll guess I'll have to deal for now until there is some kind of update in the future or when Weebly works on more ecommerce features.

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Message 3 of 5

It maybe doesn't matter to you but it really matters to us,your customers.

I got a product page deleted just because your system is so unintuitive and when i recovered it i got new product id on it.

BUT the email to my customers went with the old string in picture and button link.

THANK YOU

I started to work on a Wordpress version of my store

Message 4 of 5
Square

I'm sorry about that. I can see how that would cause some major problems for you. We appreciate this insight and I'll make sure to pass the information on. 

Message 5 of 5