x

Product Search Needs Help in eCommerce Store

I no longer even use the search feature when searching for products listed in my store. I do have over 4,000 products but should that matter? Is there a trick to getting correct results? I have tried every varient in the search box to find the product I am looking for. Completely random items will appear, would be nice to have this feature usable. As it is very time consuming.... especially when adding products into store categories. The items I search for there do not appear either. Any help, advice, tips, tricks, fixes would be great. PS I have cleared cache,cookies, tried different browsers, restatrted my browser, restarted my computer, logged out of weebly, logged back into weebly. Just looking for more of a helpful reply than the usual go to's. Or if this is know issue I am fine with that too....just please let me know this is an issue and I will enter a ticket. Thanks in advance, and have a great day.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Hey there weeblyjbkfan! Sorry for the trouble.

Just to narrow things down, is this happening on a specific browser?

Message 2 of 10

I do switch browsers to mix things up. But I use safari more often then chrome out of habit. 

Message 3 of 10

It sounds like it's happening in both. You're likely going to want to get in touch with support, just to be on the safe side. They can do some test searches alongside you to work out just what's going on.

Message 4 of 10

Yup we have the same problem - was working well till a few releases ago and now it just seem to search all products and not actually narrow it down. We usually have to browse through hundreds of products to find one to amned/copy - not good!

Message 5 of 10

I'm having the same problem!  Anytime I search on a number or more than one word!  So I search "cat" I get the right listings, but if I search "fat cat" it's basically just a mostly complete list of all my products in no particular order, including many listings that do not contain either of the keywords. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 10

Also, I noticed today that searching on words that end in "s" aren't working.  For instance, I searched "roses" for a product with "hot pink roses" in the title.  It said there were no products to be found.  When I searched "rose" both of my products with "roses" in the title came up.

Message 7 of 10

Hey there! I haven't been able to recreate the problems here yet. Is there a particular browser or page you're using when this happens? I'll make sure I'm using the same one here to recreate it.

Message 8 of 10

Dear weebly helpdesk people

I see various posts dating back to 2015 about searchability of our stores. I wonder what actually has been done to solve this problem, you never reply " we nailed it " .

Having the search functionality active on our websites / webshops means that we all are paying customers asking about this. A bad functoning search field on our websites costs us a lot of money alltogether and it defines the success of your platform.

It's about time you solve this problem, 3 years seems long enough. You can talk about which browser we use, but from what I see so far is that it is google chrome, safari and so; just like our customers are using. Do you think they will ask us about it, or switch browsers if it does not work?

If the browser were relevant, why is it that one product is found, and the other is not ?

I expect a solution for this.

regards

Jan

Message 9 of 10

sorry but come on...no need to recreate the situation. It never works. Never. Again I don't even use the feature anymore. But thank you for at least responding.
Message 10 of 10