x

Refund Customer who paid with PayPal.

Can someone please help: I need to know the procedure for refunding a customer who has made a purchase with PayPal. Do I need to log into my PayPal account directly to do this, or if I mark the order as cancelled in my store Order will this automatically generate a PayPal refund to the buyer. I am unclear, having never had to refund before. Cannot find a direct answer to this simple question in the help pages. Can you please explain the process to me. Have tried using Live chat but nobody wants to speak to me; also sent email but running out of time waiting for a reply. This is rather urgent as I need to make the refund asap.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

You should be able to do this directly through your Weebly account now using the refund option there, @Tigger.

Message 2 of 7

Thank you, Adam. I know it was a simple matter, but I wanted to be sure before I clicked on anything using guesswork. I must say I find the present Help set up rather cumbersome to use; yesterday when I searched Refund I got a pop up window open with information about weights! The Help process can become very frustrating to use when you keep typing and searching but cannot get exactly the information you need, especially when you need to clarify something quickly, and being on the other side of the Atlantic with the time difference does not aid getting help when I need it during the business hours over here. Lunctime there/evening here.

The refund appears to have gone through, now, and I've double-checked in PayPal to see it has gone through. I didn't notice any text box to add a message to the seller in my Order Cancellation, is there anyway to include a courtesy message with the refund - or if not could an option to include a courtesy message be built into the refund process - or have I missed something?

Message 3 of 7
Square

No problem, @Tigger. I haven't done a refund recently, but I seem to recall there was a checkbox to notify the customer of a refund. 

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/227181568-Manage-Individual-Orders#Refund an Order

Message 4 of 7

There is a checkbox to email the customer BUT this just tells them the order is cancelled. What we want is the option to add a note so we can advise why we are cancelling the order. I use a workaround now - cancel the order then email the customer to tell them why its being cancelled as you want to keep the customer happy with good communications!

cheers Mike

Message 5 of 7
Square

There should be a text field with the checkbox to enter a message (there was last I looked). Do you see something different, @mikeg?

Message 6 of 7

Adam

The checkbox is there but Im pretty sure a text box does not come up! I will try and check this out next time I do a refund!

Cheers Mike

Message 7 of 7