x

Set starting order number

Hi!  I wanted to see if there was a way to set up to have my stores order number start at 10027 - we are moving over to Weebly from a different provider and wanted our order numbers to stay consecutive.

Thanks!

Janelle

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Thanks for posting, @jen_myer. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to control order numbers for a Weebly store. Sorry about that! Hopefully it won't cause too much trouble for you.

Message 2 of 10

Actually, it does cause a lot of trouble and it's surprising that there is no way to manage this with Weebly. I believe any weebly merchant would vote for this feature if you asked them. Perhaps you could reach out to your merchants to get a vote count. I see you archived this post due to "low votes"

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Ability-to-set-initial-order-number/idc-p/64607#M13...

Message 3 of 10

It is CRAZY that we can't control the order #'s and that they are 9 digits long! Come on Weebly, provide the basics please.

Message 4 of 10

Hello Mo1!

You may want to create a new Idea for that, so that users can vote on it. It looks like the one there didn't get off the ground, but demand may have increased since then.

Message 5 of 10

i have the same problem, and for me it's a big problem.

How can i do?

@Adam 

Message 8 of 10
Square

It's not possible to edit the order numbers as they are all automated. Perhaps you could give us an example as to why you need to edit them? We're happy to pass along feedback to the engineers, although we cannot guarantee a feature request will be implemented into the system. 

Message 8 of 10

I would also like to see this. For accounting purposes it is pretty necessary to keep things in order.

Message 8 of 10

Me too....at first.  But that was because I assumed my first order number would be 001. 

Weebly's order numbers are random, long numbers, they dont start your site with order number 001. 

This is done to not give away your sales data. Long term, it's a better strategy.

Message 9 of 10

this will have to change and quick, especially for European traders. it is illegal not to have sequantial order numbers. 
And as we go forward most Europen vat departments are restricting and taking more control over online operated businesses under vendor declaration act. 
Requirments requsted see below 

The Commissioner of VAT 

Dear Sir,

This is to confirm that the [Enter system name] installed at [Enter Client Name, Address & VAT No] adheres to the following:
- It is not compatible with any fiscal printers available locally
- A full audit trail is available and sequential order batch number.
- No data may be altered or tampered by any means within a normal office environment.
- All the system functions are accessible from the menus and the system does not contain any hidden functions or tricks. 
- Tax amounts are computed automatically
- Invoice or fiscal receipt format is in compliance with the twelfth / thirteenth schedule of the Value Added Tax Act.
- We bind ourselves not to amend, or in any manner modify the programs so that the above is no longer applicable. 
- All future enhancements, improvements or additions to the system will be in line with the current fiscal regulations.

Weebly need to take this very seriosly or will end up loosing all Europen vendors due to new laws being enrolled. 

Finally from my end having order numbers assending in sequence comes with its name ORDER. 
having sequence order numbers its easier to account and track. 

Regards 
Lydon Laudi

Message 10 of 10