x

Setting up shop and accepting payments in UK

I'm tring to set up a shop section on my site. I'm based in the UK, and I'm on the starter plan.

From the starter plan description - it implies I can have 10 products, and checkout through weebly.com.

However - I can't seem to be able to see how this is set up?

I've tried linking 'Square' to collect payments - but it says I need to upgrade the plan for non US currency.

I also can't link Paypal without upgrading.

Is there any way to set up a shop on this plan in the UK?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Glad to hear Stripe is working for you, @Craftergirl. I talked to our Product team and it looks like Square is currently limited to USD for Starter and Pro.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Hey there!

Checkout through Weebly.com will be automatically set up once you're connected to a checkout provider. Have you tried using Stripe as your checkout provider? I believe this is available in the UK.

PayPal is a part of our Business/Performance upgrades, so with Starter you'll need to stick with just Stripe.

Message 2 of 6
Square

Oh, I'm also checking to see about GBP and Starter. I believe that you should be able to use that currency with Square on the Starter plan, so it shouldn't have prompted you to upgrade.

Message 3 of 6

Hi - thanks for checking - but I've just tried to connect Square again and I get an error "Upgrade your plan to Business or Performance to connect to Square in a non-USD currency."
Message 4 of 6

Just tried connecting Stripe - and it seems to have worked now.

Message 5 of 6
Square

Best Answer

Glad to hear Stripe is working for you, @Craftergirl. I talked to our Product team and it looks like Square is currently limited to USD for Starter and Pro.

Message 6 of 6