x

square inventory recategorisation on webstore

I want to set up an online store that will sync to my Square inventory. I've only started the trial so I want to see if the site will do what I want before going further. I also have a bricks and mortar store. 

I've imported my inventory, all good. What I want to do is sub categorise my products as options within the item, is this possible? Does that make sense?

I have different colours of the same brand available and I don't want to display them as separate items on the store page, I want the colour options to be drop down/clickable options within the item but still sync with my inventory. 

eg. I have a product called "sunshine yellow" in my inventory, I want to add it to my store. Sunshine also comes in green, blue, white, red, grey etc as other inventory items but I don't want to clutter up the whole page with sunshine so that the customer is scrolling forever.  I just want one sunshine item with the colour options when you open it. 

Is this possible and how?

thank you 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Hi @MariaMcc Yes, this is possible with product options. Do you have your square store setup this way now? Also, did you sign up for Weebly through Square, or did you sign up through Weebly directly? 

Message 13 of 12

Message 13 of 12

I haven't set up the store yet, I'm just at the building stage and playing around with adding items and seeing if I can do this before I go further. Its not live. I've signed up with weebly and imported my square inventory. I didn't know I could do it the other way around, should I have? 

Thanks for your reply 

Message 13 of 12

actually I don't think I can start from the square side. It doesn't seem to be an option, possibly because I'm in Ireland

Message 13 of 12
Square

Ah, sorry about that. I didn't realize your location. 😕 

I see these "sunshine" products:

Is this what you mean by the same product in different colors? Or does each one of these products have multiple variations or options? Can you post a screenshot of what the product setup for Sunshine Yellow looks like in Square? 

Message 13 of 12

thank you, 

yes, that's what I mean. I have them all in as individual items in the one category. 

imageimage

Message 13 of 12
Square

Thanks for clarifying. And thank you for the screenshots. This is super helpful since we don't have access to your Square account. Smiley Happy 

The lingo is a bit different on both our ends, but I believe you would want to create one single product and add variations for the different colors. That way they will be drop down options on each product. I'm setting up an example on my test site to make sure everything syncs properly. Thanks in advance for your patience as we get this sorted out for you. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Message 13 of 12

Thanks Bernadette, 

I don't seem to be able to try it out for myself and see it live as I'm only using the trial version. I don't want to start paying for it until I know it will do what I need it to do. If I could see how it would look by just adding variations within each product I'd know how much work is involved to get the thing up and running. I'd also love a nice handy tuturial to set up a store. I have web design experience, I just don't have web design time to play around with. 

Thanks again for your help

Message 13 of 12
Square

The version of sync that you are using only supports syncing inventory, @MariaMcc, so I don't think the variation changes you make in your Square account will sync over. Did you ever create an online store using the option in your Square account in the past? We just released Square Online Store, which syncs variations from your Square account (in addition to more). If you did make an online store in the past, then you'll need to wait a bit longer for access, but if you didn't you can click that option in Square and try it out now. One caveat, though - if you used the same email address for your Weebly account that you use for your Square account, be sure to change the email address in your Weebly account to something else first.

Message 13 of 12

Thank you. I don't think square online store is available in Ireland. I may be wrong but I haven't been able to find it. 

Message 13 of 12
Square

Hmm.. if it isn't it will be soon, I think. Do you see this when you log into your account at squareup.com?

Message 13 of 12