x

uploading files

Hi,

I'm trying to upload MP3 files for my product range - they are within the uplaod limits but still wont let me uplaod.

It just tries for hours and days and i've contacted my internet service provider numerus times and it is not a problem their end, has anyone else had this issue?

thanks

Cheryl

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Cheryl! Sorry for the trouble. Just to be sure we're on the same page, the upload meter appears as normal, but it doesn't progress at all, and there are no other messages?

Message 2 of 11

Hi I have the same problem, can't upload audio files. The meter moves for about a centimetre and then stops. This problem started a few months ago and I wondered if it was related to my website not being under weebly 4. I have just finished creating a new website and tried to upload an audio file and the same thing happened.  Can anyone give me any hep or advice? 

Message 3 of 11
Square

I'm not sure what you mean by not being under Weebly 4, @macdav. You might not have access to Sections if you're using a custom or older theme (or be using eCommerce), but you're still running off the same code as everyone else.

How large are the audio files you're uploading? It sounds like it might be a network issue during upload.

Message 4 of 11

Hi Adam

Thanks for your reply. What I mean is that I had been using an old theme in my website, probably for 2 or 3 years. It is a church website that I am the admin for and everything was going ok until around October last year. Since then I haven't been able to upload sermons. The audio files range from 17 - 40 Mb. I tried everything mentioned in weebly support but nothing worked. I then wondered if something had happened when weebly updated to weebly 4, perhaps my old theme wasn't able to respond..don't know but couldn't think of anything else. I decided to wait until holiday period at end of the year and make up a new website, using a responsive theme. I completed this today, published it and then tried to upload a sermon...it still doesn't upload.

Thanks

Macdav

Message 5 of 11
Square

I don't think it's probably theme related, although if you wanted to test you could make a new test site in your account with a newer theme and try with that.

Have you tried using a different browser?

Message 6 of 11

Hi Adam

I've tried what you suggested but still file wont load. I've actually had contact with Weebly and they have managed to upload an audio file to my site. However it was only 90 seconds long. I have also managed to upload a file of the same size but I still cannot upload our sermons which can be up to 30 minutes in length. Are there any external apps you could recommend for this?

Message 7 of 11

Hi Adam

I've just download the Compact MP3 Player app and I have downloaded 3 sermons. I'll now purchase the premium version and hope this continues to work.

Thanks for your help with this matter

Macdav

Message 8 of 11
Square

Glad to hear that the app is working good for you, @macdav. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11

I've been having this problem. I cannot upload mp3 to any of my sites. I've tried different browsers, cleared caches, run disk cleaners everything I can do. I've restarted and reset my router, I've tried wireless upload and connect by cable direct to the router. A file was uploaded by weebly and I can add a file from my phone but no joy on my macbook at all. It is so frustrating.  I tried to add a digital product using my phone and thought all was good until I saw that on the site it had been added as a physical good.  So I stumped now with both options and no idea what to to.

please help!

tim

Message 10 of 11

Hello Tim! Sorry for the trouble. What exactly happens when you attempt to upload from your macbook?

Message 11 of 11