x

Autocomplete for addresses

Hi,

1. Is there a way to use address autocomplete on the checkout section (e.g. a la Google Maps)?

2. Is there a way to autocomplete my address if I type a zip code?

3. If I type Sao Paulo, why do I have to say that I'm in Brazil (there aren't two Sao Paulos in the world)? Can I fix that?

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

The auto complete should be based on your browser settings. Can you post a link to your site so we can take a look at what you mean by:

3. If I type Sao Paulo, why do I have to say that I'm in Brazil (there aren't two Sao Paulos in the world)? Can I fix that?

Message 2 of 6

Thank you so much for your kind attention Bernadette. The link is www.bebidanaporta.com.

PS: The strange thing is that with Shopify my iphone does the autocomplete perfectly under the same browser settings. But with Weebly this doesn't happen.

Message 3 of 6
Square

Now that I'm looking at my test site maybe we don't have a way to auto fill that. Mine remembers what I previously typed, but I have to click on each field to see that information. Can you clarify more what you mean by Sao Paulo? Do you mean why doesn't it just fill in Brazil for you if you type that as the city?

Message 4 of 6

The autocomplete normally works, on shopify for example, when I start typing the street address. In my case it doesn't work either for the city (sao paulo) or the street. Brazil shouldn't be a problem since it is expected behavior that the country must be selected first. Ideas?

Message 5 of 6
Square

Hm, when I tried this on a different device my auto-complete did work. It definitely sounds like it is more of a device issue than anything. Or maybe there was a recent update.

Message 6 of 6