x

Bulk upload images

Hi,

For the past 18 years, I have always bulk uploaded my product images using an FTP program and the creating the path to the image in the CVS sheet.  

I can not spend the next few days, hand uploading 2,200 images to each and every product.   

I uploaded the 2,200 product CVS and hand added a few images and then exported the products to see what the path to the images on my site is, but Weebly left out the images.  There is a column for images but none of the images are listed.  

What is the path to the image file for people using Weebly?  Then how can I bulk upload them (ftp login)?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Hi Becky,

You can include images in your CSV file, however the way to do so is to add the image URLs to the CSV file. Weebly will then import the images from the given URLs.

If this process is inconvenient, I hope you'll take a moment to visit our Community and share your idea so other users can vote on it:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

On my CVS sheet I have a column called Images.   In that column it lists http://www.MYSITE.com/images/a.jpg (a.jpg or whatever each image is named x 2140 rows)   Since, I have no informaton on how to FTP to my URL and upload a file called IMAGES with all of my images in them, there is no way the site will find the path I used in my CVS sheet.  What is the FTP login for my URL hosted on Weebly?  

Message 3 of 10

I don't know what FTP is and I think I might need to know because I'm getting ready to import a csv file and I need to know how to import the images as well.

Message 4 of 10

Weebly does not give FTP access.

Don't worry, you'll be able to import all of your images without it.

Thanks,

Erin

Message 5 of 10

I HAVE A SAME PROBLEM RECENTLY . I USED TO UPLOAD BULK PICTURE TO IMAGE SHACK. THEN COPY AND PASTE THE LINK TO CSV FILE . UPLOAD THE CSV FILE . IT WORKS FOR PAST FEW YEAR, I CANNOT WORK ON IT NOW .  ITS REALLY TOO MUCH TIME FOR ME TO UPLOAD PICTURE ONE BY ONE. I CHAT TO THE THE HELP CENTRE , THEY SAID TO ME ONLY ETSY AND SQUARE CAN TRANSFER THE PIC. THAT WASTE ME A LOT OF TIME ON UPLOADING PICTUE ON THIS KIND OF E COMMERCE SITE , FILL OUT SO MANY QUESTION ON EACH PIC .  CAN ANY ONE HELP ME IN BULK PICTURE TO WEEBLY  ?

Message 6 of 10

The ability to bulk upload image files is something I've been asking Weebly for for years.  They just don't get it.  They don't understand the need and never give me a response other than a canned one.  It's such a simple thing to implement that many other applications have done for years.  

They just don't get it.  For me, Weebly is useless without this feature.

Message 7 of 10

What image host links work? I have tried dropbox, google photos, google drive,

Is it possible to upload a single image in the CSV Imported File by putting example

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hp2s1r03hswqj8w/DSC_0801.JPG?dl=0 in the Images Column of the CSV file?

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

I'm the architect of a system that manages images (among other things). Bulk upload capability is one of the most valuable features such a system can provide. It can literally save a user hundreds of hours of work. IMO, you don't really have a viable, professional product without this capability.

From what I've read (and have not tried), Weebly will accept a URL in a CSV upload, then load the file from the URL. URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator. A URL, (if fully implemented) , can use protocols (technically called schemes) other than HTTP or HTTPS. I have no idea if Weebly would support other URLs schemes. You probably have many options here, even with just HTTP. You could load your image files to a cloud server which allows the public the ability to see the images.

Weebly wants to pull the images, and there are reasons (none of the convenient for us users) why they want to do that. I would suggest Weebly consider adding a push capability. Rather than trying to deal with connecting back to a client (which introduces too many issues to enumerate here) a very simple mechanism is the almost ubiquitious ZIP file. The file would contain the csv file, and the images - all compressed of course. Users would gather their data into a directory,  ZIP up the directory, and transmit it via an upload link. Weebly could then easily process this file. It would be reasonable for them to limit the size of any one upload. This is not complicated stuff for even a minimally competent developer, and there is really no excuse not to do it.

You are welcome. No charge.

Message 9 of 10

Weebly has no interest in providing the ability to bulk upload photos for a single product listing in the shop.  They don't get it.  They are totally out of touch with the way people need to build a product listing for ecommerce.  I've explained it to them.  I've even told them how to do it.  They don't care.  I just came back here in hopes things have changed over the past couple years, but alas they are as clueless as ever.

I am so done with Weebly.

Message 10 of 10