x

Combine physical and digital products

I need to sell products that have both a physical and digital component. As Weebly doesn't have this feature still, does anyone know if there is any way to make it happen? Or if there is another website building platform that offers this?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Are you wanting people to have the option between a digital or physical version of your product, or are you wanting to sell a product that includes a physical item that you ship and a digital item they would download immediately? 

Message 2 of 10

I want them to be able purchase an item that has both the download and physical component, sold together as one item. They will get the download code immediately and I will ship the physical part, but they are only purchasing one item. 

Message 3 of 10
Square

I see, and you are correct that that is not an option at the moment. The only thing I can think of would be to have the download on a password protected page. You could edit the order confirmation email to include a link to the page with the password and the customer could download from there. It's not as streamlined, unfortunately, but maybe someone else has another suggestion for you. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10

Thank you, that is the best suggestion so far, but definitely not optimal. 

Message 5 of 10

Is the ability to sell physical and digital products together something that weebly is planning to have soon, or should I be looking for a different provider?

Message 6 of 10
Square

I'm not sure if this is on our roadmap right now, or not, unfortunately.

Are the digital and physical components something you also sell separately, @MegRWP, e.g. a music album where you might offer it as a CD or digital, or also sell a vinyl that includes a download of the album?

With something like that you could sell the physical part of it and include a coupon to discount a separate digital product 100%:

https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/227111587-Create-a-Coupon

Message 7 of 10

Ok, thanks Adam.

We are currently selling the items using the 100% discount code idea, but all of the extra steps that customers have to take (and understand) are definitely affecting sales. No matter how clearly we explain it. 

Message 8 of 10
Square

Ok, thanks for the additional feedback, @MegRWP.

Message 9 of 10

I'm in the same boat, has it been changed in the last 4 years since this question? Im guessing with covid and digital sales it has? Can you please expain how i can make one item both physical and digital ? 

Message 11 of 10