x

Facebook Pixel Integration for Store Checkout

Does anyone know how to integrate Facebook Pixel to track purchases from your store? Just about to run an ad on Facebook and wanted to use website conversions. Only problem is I don't know how to integrate the facebook pixel to track all conversions at the checkout. 

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks. 

Susan Anderson O'Brien

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Square

Do you have instructions from Facebook on where to add it to a site, @sueshealingrays? It's probably just a matter of pasting the code into the right field.

Message 2 of 20

Hey - did you ever find the solution to this? I'm having such a hard time figuring this out, and not finding any answers Man Sad

Message 3 of 20

Facebook Pixel tracking works just like Google analytics, you'll more than likely just have to add the code to "Settings" > "SEO" > Header code. If it wants you to place it on a specific page, like the order confirmation page or something like this, you can't do that, but there is a built in way to add Google analtyics tracking to your orders, so this may help if you have analytics setup to see which orders are purchased by who.

Once you have analytis setup, go to "Store" > "Setup" and scroll down to the "Tracking" section. Here is a guide on how to setup Analytics if you don't have it on your site yet, it's highly recommended. https://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/articles/201979698-Google-Analytics

Message 4 of 20

I've tried all the above directions, but there is one step that seems not to work with weebly - part of the facebook pixel needs to be pasted into a 'thank you' page; which doesn't seem to exist in Weebly. The code also doesn't seems to function when pasted into the Cart page and Receive page.

Is there some other way I can get around this?

It can't be possible that the Facebook pixel just doesn't work with weebly templates? 

Message 5 of 20
Square

You want to add this to the "receipt page" for the tracking section of Store setup:

Message 6 of 20

Hi Adam,

I've done this all already, and these fields: the 'Cart Page' and 'Receipt Page' are exactly where the pixel won't load. I've been trying this on and off for months and can't get an answer.

Is there any other solution?

Thanks,

Leila

Message 7 of 20

Hey there Leila!

We aren't able to dig into the workings of the HTML itself, but you do seem to have everything placed in the correct location. And that exact code is working elsewhere as well?

Message 8 of 20

No - there are three types of code provided for the Facebook pixel. The standard code for tracking page / content views, which is pasted into: Weebly Dashboard/ Settings/ SEO/ Header Code.

This works.

However, the main function of the pixel is to track conversions, so the code for this must be pasted into the code of the pages where a customer adds items to their cart, and also to the 'thank you' page which appears once a transaction is completed.

There are two separate codes provided for these two functions. I have pasted these codes numerous times into: Weebly Dashboard/ Store/ Setup/ Tracking in the fields called: CUSTOM TRACKING - CART PAGE and CUSTOM TRACKING - RECEIPT PAGE.

Every time I have tried this, the pixel for these two functions shows up as an error: pixel didn't load.

This renders the Facebook Pixel useless for conversions, as it can't track any conversion data.

I can't seem to get any answer about this anywhere. Is there any solution, or can the Facebook pixel just not integrate with Weebly?
Message 9 of 20
Square

I can see the code being rendered on your cart page, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be tracking anything. If you're using Chrome or Safari, use the Inspector tool to inspect the code of your site. There's an iframe at the very bottom of the code of your site on the cart page that contains your cart tracking code, for example.

Message 10 of 20

The Facebook Pixel Helper extension is the only tool that can tell you if the pixel is working, and mine isn't.

And I've put the Facebook code where it should go in Weebly. 

So is there nothing else I can do to to get it to work?

Message 11 of 20
Square

Have you contacted Facebook to see if they can shed some light? I don't see why it wouldn't work since the code is being rendered - they might have a better idea of what's going on with it.

Message 12 of 20

I'm having the same issue on http://www.theputtskee.com/. I have the conversion code pasted into the into the "CUSTOM TRACKING - RECEIPT PAGE" (http://screencast.com/t/HtxHEENehsZ) section on the store setup, however the code is rendering on all pages EXCEPT the receipt page.

I'm using the facebook pixel helper and it shows that the "purchase" code I added to the "CUSTOM TRACKING - RECEIPT PAGE" is trying to load on all pages of my site. However once I get to checkout, it goes away and does not load on the receipt page.

Here is a video walkthrough of what I'm seeing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o40u8kq2bxp6zvo/PuttSkee%20-%20Tracking%20not%20Firing%20Properly.mp4?dl=0

Any help would be great!

Message 13 of 20
Square

Thanks for the video and screenshot, @rbradshaw. Can you send these to our support team so they can investigate why the code isn't rendering on your receipt page?

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the trouble!

Message 14 of 20

I've also contacted support and they won't help me. 

If i can just get access to the confirmation page myself I'd be happy to mess around with that code or even pay someone to do it for me

Facebook says to add the code to your confirmation page and we don't have access to it. all we have is that store/setup fields to work with and that simply does not work.

Message 15 of 20

Hi Adam, 

Have you been able to successfully track addtocart, payment, and purchase conversions with Facebook?

I tried everything I can, i read every forum and it is NOT WORKING.  IT tracks standard pages but not these 3 : addtocart, payment, and purchase 

If you have successfully gotten it to work, i think youd be doing a lot of people great service by showing us exactly how you got it to work because I have wasted so many hours trying to fix this that it would be a way better investment to switch to shopify and not deal with all this hassle

Thank you

Message 16 of 20

I have formulated a fix that actually works .. I struggled for ages to find a solution that fixed this.. 

OK, deep breath .. are you ready??

As well as pasting the new Facebook pixel code into the SEO part of weebly under Header Code, Copy the WHOLE base code again and place it in the "Custom Tracking Receipt Page" box under the section "Store" then "Set Up" section ...

You MUST leave the script tags in .. NOT REMOVE THEM AS ADVISED .. then in addition add the "Facebook Event Code" for Purchase Events exactly as illustrated in the infographic screen shot picture I have attached to this post.. (I have removed/blanked out my Facebook account number as precaution) but the rest should be done exactly as shown .. Yes even though it clearly states "Do Not Modify" at the bottom of the code..

This shouldn’t work according to all the instructions, but it does .. I can’t seem to get the monetary value of conversions working just yet (I’m still working on this) but at least Facebook is recognising conversions and I can optimise my adverts for this event..

Also.. ignore the Facebook pixel helper error code that says it didn’t load  .. the checkout is a dynamic event and WILL indeed load once a checkout is fully completed by a customer or your test..

I would recommend following the steps above .. saving and publishing your website .. then making a test purchase .. then log onto Facebook, going to the pixel section on ads manager and checking its found the sale (this is at the very bottom of the pixel page and will be displayed as "Purchase" .. it should have a green dot to the left of it)

Hope this works for you as it did me .. I’m not a programmer and spent ,many many many frustrating hours trying to get this **bleep** code to work on my weebly site .. only my trial and error & basically ignoring all the instructions did I get it to work  eventually .. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 20

Had this exact same problem and the below is the only way i got it to work .. OK, deep breath .. are you ready??

As well as pasting the new Facebook pixel code into the SEO part of weebly under Header Code, Copy the WHOLE base code again and place it in the "Custom Tracking Receipt Page" box under the section "Store" then "Set Up" section ...

You MUST leave the script tags in .. NOT REMOVE THEM AS ADVISED .. then in addition add the "Facebook Event Code" for Purchase Events exactly as illustrated in the infographic screen shot picture I have attached to the bottom of this post.. (I have removed/blanked out my Facebook account number as precaution) but the rest should be done exactly as shown .. Yes even though it clearly states "Do Not Modify" at the bottom of the code..

This shouldn’t work according to all the instructions, but it does .. I can’t seem to get the monetary value of conversions working just yet (I’m still working on this) but at least Facebook is recognising conversions and I can optimise my adverts for this event..

Also.. ignore the Facebook pixel helper error code that says it didn’t load  .. the checkout is a dynamic event and WILL indeed load once a checkout is fully completed by a customer or your test..

I would recommend following the steps above .. saving and publishing your website .. then making a test purchase .. then log onto Facebook, going to the pixel section on ads manager and checking its found the sale (this is at the very bottom of the pixel page and will be displayed as "Purchase" .. it should have a green dot to the left of it)

Hope this works for you as it did me .. I’m not a programmer and spent ,many many many frustrating hours trying to get this **bleep** code to work on my weebly site .. only my trial and error & basically ignoring all the instructions did I get it to work  eventually .. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
Square

Thanks for sharing your solution, @Mike-. Sorry it was such a frustrating experience, though!

Message 19 of 20

Were you ever able to get the conversion total working? Any tips here?

Message 20 of 20