x

How to add online photo gallery to sell photos?

I want to upload photos from my photo sessions, allow clients to view, order and pay for each photo. Do I have to add each photo as a separate product?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Hi, there!

Yes, that may be the best way to do it. You could then group the individual photos into categories for your storefront. 

Another option - if these are physical instead of digital goods - is to upload them all (or as many as you want) to one product, and then use Options to allow customers to choose which image they want. You can do this by using the dropdown, multiple choice, or even text options.

Just thinking out loud a bit, but I'm happy to continue brainstorming on this if you'd like!

Enjoy your day!

Erin

Weebly Community Manager

Message 2 of 10

I have been looking for a way to do this for a while. I will try to do what you just suggested. I wish there was a simple way to do this for all clients though, rather than putting in all this tedious work. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 10

I have created a FotoMoto account and added code for my "store" to my Weebly website. So far, I'm pleased with how this is working. I have it set up so that when a customer enlarges an image in my gallery, it will offer purchasing options. Feel free to check out my website to see if this would work for you.

Message 4 of 10

Hi - How did you get it to work with the gallery? I can only get it working with individual images....help!

Message 5 of 10

Do photos have to be resized and watermarked manually when i use weeblys store or will adding a photo be automatically rezsized and watermarked for display? Photoshelter and Printspace do this but there is no information about display, watermarking or resizing of images that go in to the weebly store....

Please help me with this inquirey so i can continue with my progress creating a shop.....

Also i do over 13 different genres of photography. Will my shop compensate for my wide range?

Message 6 of 10
Square

We don't do any watermarking, so you would want to do this yourself before uploading. I'd also recommend keeping your images no larger than 1000 pixels on either side, that way they work well with the product zoom feature. You shouldn't have any problem at all no matter how many different types of photos you have.

Message 7 of 10

Great, but how then users will download the original size (& without watermark) photo!

Message 10 of 10
Square

You could use the link option with the photo, choose the file option, then upload a non-watermarked version with that.

Message 10 of 10

Good question! I'm also trying to sell photos as well, and noting the date of last year, I assume no one knows either. What I can do is give information on how to place photos and sell your photos from these 12 sites, but to integrate the ecommerce photography-oriented webites platform into your weebly-site, that I do not know. For that to integrate, there is PhotoShelter. Alternatives to PhotoShelter, there are Fotomoto, and Pixpa. Hope this helps. 

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/places-sell-your-photos-online/

David

Message 10 of 10