x

Is it possible to sell monthly subscriptions with the original Weebly editor?

Is there a way, through my weebly shop, to create a product, allowing the customer to become a memeber of a group, in which they would automatically get charged monthly? 

The only way I can think of setting it up at this point is by allowing them to purchase one month, but then I am stumped at how to generate the automatic renewal.

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We haven't yet added this as an option ourselves, though a lot of people have made use of apps from our App Center for this:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/search/subscription

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square

Best Answer

We haven't yet added this as an option ourselves, though a lot of people have made use of apps from our App Center for this:

https://www.weebly.com/app-center/search/subscription

Message 2 of 12

It doesn't look like any apps integrate with the Weebly store, i.e., they let the customer choose between a one-time sale or a recurring order/subscription. Am I missing something? 

Message 8 of 12
Square

Hi @Candyhog Your account has access to the app center. What type of subscription service are you looking for? 

Message 8 of 12

Hi @Bernadette! I'm actually desperate for a solution for a client who needs to sell products in the way some Amazon products are available: The customer can buy a jar of XYZ as a one-time-purchase or opt to buy it as a recurring order that ships "today" as well as every month or quarter or whatever.

Message 8 of 12
Square

Hi @Candyhog We don't have a feature like that at the moment, but you are more than welcome to submit it as a feature request. If you submit through the feature request form, it allows other users to leave their feedback as well. Smiley Happy https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/idb-p/IdeaExchange

Message 8 of 12

YES! THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! As with Amazon, the ability to maker a one-time cart purchase of an item or to add recurring shipments all within the same Weebly checkout. There cannot be branching checkout experiences and separate products set up for each way.

Message 8 of 12

Paid Members App in the Weebly app store.

Paid Members App is here - we offer recurring subscriptions via Stripe or PayPal, customizable welcome emails, Mailchimp and Constant Contact integration, cancellation forms, update customer credit card forms etc.  The payments are taken outside of the Weebly shopping cart - just embed a Stripe or PayPal button. 

If you need 1-on-1 help please use the Support link in the app.

There is a 10-day free unlimited trial.

Adam

Message 8 of 12

Is there a way to code this so a % of my transactions doesn't get taken out of my sales? 

Message 13 of 12
Square

I'm not sure what you mean, @matthewc. Are you looking to avoid losing the transaction fee to whichever payment provider you are using?

Message 13 of 12

Hi there! No -- I understand we (me, weebly, app-makers) would have no control over PayPal or Stripe or ApplePay or Amazon and what they charge, but if I add an app that takes payment from any of those venders it seems all the apps add on an additional transaction fee. So I am thinking I should just hire a coder to do this myself to avoid all these add on charges... unless you know of an app that doesn't add additional transaction fees as well? thanks! 

Message 13 of 12
Square

Ohhh, so you want to use something from the App Center but would prefer to build your own solution to save some money. Hmm. What checkout provider are you using right now?

Message 13 of 12