x

Include Cash On Delivery Option As A Payment Method!

Cash on delivery (COD), sometimes called collect on delivery, is the sale of goods by e-mail order where payment is made on delivery rather than in advance. If the goods are not paid for, then they are returned to the retailer. COD allows the purchaser to pay at the time of delivery instead of having to pay upfront. Payment is made to the shipping company, and the shipping company then relays the payment back to the seller. Some of the advantages of COD are that the buyer does not need to own a credit card to purchase goods from an online store, thus preventing and minimizing the risk of fraud coming from Internet scams. This indeed increased the trust factor between the customers and the businesses. Another advantage for COD is the 'Quality Improvement'; where customers pay only when they receive the product and are satisfied with its quality. They have the right to refuse poor quality products. This has ensured that online stores need to sell high quality products to the customers resulting in better quality and customer satisfaction. In short, Cash on Delivery has changed the dynamics of the eCommerce industry and helped online stores in penetrating deeper into the market. It revolutionized eCommerce drastically and increased sales for the businesses by many folds. Today, both the customers and the businesses have been benefited immensely from sticking to this concept model. 

P.S: I want to offer my clients the choice to pay with COD because PayPal is not supported in our country, and second of all, even it was supported, I don't want to integrate with it because people are not used to shop comfortably using their credit cards, and thus still prefer the COD way as a method of payment as it brings them confidence, peace of mind, and loyalty.

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Square Community Moderator

We don't have a COD option right now, but that is something that quite a few users have asked for and I can tell you it's something we're looking into. We appreciate your patience!
Barbara_b
Square Online Beta Manager
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 55

Hi  hope weebly can input this cash on delivery function ASAP, as most of my local transaction is done using COD (cash on delivery).

Message 3 of 55

Does weebly already include this COD payment gateway in Weebly store? Please advice

Message 4 of 55

When I purchased the business plan, I was not made aware the there wasn't a COD option; this is a necessary option for my business to offer. Please let me know what my option is ASAP! Our customers place pre-orders and then pay when they pick the item up.

Message 5 of 55
Square

There's a post on our Vote on Features board that I strongly recommend you add kudos to.  This is definitely the best way to let us know that you'd like us to add COD:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/Offline-Payment-for-store/idi-p/1901

Message 6 of 55

I'm working on an e-commerce site which will require a COD funtionality. Is this available yet? Is there a work around through a developer to create a cart and purchase as COD?

Message 7 of 55

^^ is not a tourist, the username category is not beg enough for me to put the whole thing in. I'm a multi-year customer of professional services. 

Message 8 of 55

Hello! We don't currently have COD options set in the Store, though it's certainly something we've heard demand for! Don't worry about the titles, they're just for fun, and track how much someone's account has posted in the Community.

Message 9 of 55

Well done 2016 and still waiting
Message 12 of 55

its 2022 now Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 55

Well Done weebly, 2016 and still waiting..
Message 13 of 55

Hi Adam

I think it is clear now more than ever that we need a cash on delivery or pickup option. With the current Covid-19 crisis many of us are forced to do cash on delivery in stead of in store sales. Please provide us this option ... Its been voted for before and all leading eccommerce sites have this option, its not rocket science!

Message 14 of 55

They still not have this option?

Message 15 of 55

This massively supported request is in the air since the beginning of 2016... Why does it take sooo looong for Weebly to react? 

Message 15 of 55

You are the second Weebly employee that has said your are looking at the COD option, yet 2 years later, nothing done. Why is that? Many of your customers want it. Weebly doesn't listen?

Message 16 of 55
Square

I'm sorry for the frustration, @thaze. We have 100s of requests submitted for features and the teams involved in making these types of changes and decisions have to carefully assess which ones to implement. I noticed that you did leave feedback on the feature request link here and I do thank you for that! I'll see if there is any additional information I can find on the status. 

Message 17 of 55

Hi Weebly

Can we please have a fix to this COD delivery option ASAP as it affects our business a LOT. PAYPAL is restricted in our country and seems PAYPAL express is not an option for most of our customers. This means we loose out on potentially most of our sales. Also swipe is not an option in my country.. 

Please dont reply with : ;'we are working on it' or 'vote for this feature' as this issue has been pending for over 2 years.

Message 18 of 55
Square

I'm sorry, @aerostar. I don't have any updates to provide right now, but I have updated the teams to include the most recent comments on this thread. I know this is a frustrating spot to be in and I 100% understand how you feel. 

Message 20 of 55

Well done, waiting since 2016 for this feature..
Message 22 of 55

Its 2022 now Smiley Sad
Message 22 of 55