x
Admin

Merge your Weebly account with Square! Now Testing!

Hi there!

As you know, Weebly was acquired by Square in 2018, and we'd love for you to join the Square family. We're looking to set up an early adopter program to merge your Weebly account with Square, Inc. As an incentive for participating in this beta program and merging your Weebly account with Square, we would love to offer a $75 VISA e-gift card upon completion of the merge to Square.

With Square, you can accept payments in person and online -- as well as access business tools such as invoices, appointments, loyalty programs, loans, and more. During this beta period, we may also request to connect over video call to assist you with the setup and hear your feedback.

Please note that by creating a Square account, nothing will change with your existing website.

If you're intersted in this program, please reply "I'm in!" to this therad, and we'll reach out with the next steps.

Spots are limited in this beta, so please be sure to sign up quickly.

Looking forward to get you on board!

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 279
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi all!

We're getting ready to start testing officially. 

Would you mind taking a few minutes to fill out this survey so we can determine if you'll be in group one or two for this test? I will reach out via email shortly to let you know which group and when we're able to start the test officially.

The survey only takes a minute:

Click here to take the Weebly/Square Bridge Survey.

Thanks!

Kelly J

Beta Community Manager

Square, Inc

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 77 of 279
278 REPLIES 278
Beta Member

I'm in!
Message 28 of 279

Will I still have access to the old Weebly builder (the drag and drop one with themes) if I switch to a square account?
Message 30 of 279
Beta Member

I believe the editor is pretty much the same, I'm looking forward to testing subscriptions, which Weebly doesn't have on it's own.

Message 30 of 279
Admin

@thetingoat 

Glad I talked to you here and in our Square Community.

Since you have an active Square account, you'll be in Phase 2 of this bridge program to get you onboarded, but starting next week our team would love to talk to you about expectations in the expereince.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 30 of 279
Beta Member

Sounds great, looking forward to it. Just a reminder I am on Eastern Time (Philadelphia)
Message 30 of 279
Admin

@ifly4fun2 

You will still have access to all of your already existing Weebly editor sites (drag/drop builder) but you will no longer be able to add NEW sites with that type of builder.

Let me know if you already have an established Square account so we can get an interview set up with you. These take about an hour if you're wanting to participate.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 30 of 279

No answer...that doesn't bode well!

Message 30 of 279
Square

Hi @MadHarriet.

We're not currently accepting more applicants for the beta mentioned above, but stay tuned for more information.

Message 30 of 279

AS long as "nothing will change with your existing website" then I'm in. Is it just a matter of setting up a square account or more to it! I doubt i will have time for video calls though but who knows - depends on orders!

Message 30 of 279
Admin

@mikeg 

You will still have access to all of your already existing Weebly sites (drag/drop builder), but they will no longer be able to add NEW sites with that type of builder once you make the transition.

Do you currently have a Square account as well? The first interview on this process will help you set-up your account with Square/Weebly and just get general feedback on the process.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 31 of 279

No i dont have a square account - should i set one up?

Message 32 of 279

I've been trying to to do local delivery for months now and even pulled down my online store for not having this feature over the winter.  If I merge, will this option be available? 

Message 32 of 279
Square

Thanks for your interest, @Aspatuck - local delivery is definitely an option for you if you do.

Message 32 of 279

Please add me as soon as possible Adam. I've been waiting to implement local delivery for almost a year now. Thank you! 

Message 32 of 279

Hello. Does this mean that Local Delivery is "only" available if we switch our Weebly website to the Square platform? If that is the case, why is there a section in the settings labeled, "Pickup & Delivery" under Fulfillment? I feel that it is very misleading if you do not have local delivery options available on the original Weebly platform. Can you please clarify this issue? Thank you in advance.
Message 32 of 279
Beta Member

I'm in

Message 32 of 279
Admin

@leescakes

Do you have an active Square account at this time?
We're breaking enrollment into two categories: those who have Square accounts now, and those who do not.

The ones who do not will go first in the bridge.
kellyj
Square Inc
Message 32 of 279
Beta Member

yes; i do have a square account.

Message 32 of 279
Beta Member

hello. yes i do have a square account.

also, can you clarify exactly what this does? will there be more website features with this change?

Message 32 of 279

I'm in!

Message 34 of 279