x

PayPal

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

If the url is fine how do I fix this?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

These are the steps to perform:

1. When you log into your Paypal account, on the "Summary" page, look about halfway down the page on the left and click "Seller Preferences".

2. Under "Getting Paid and Managing Risk", you'll see the "Instant Payment Notifications". Click the "Update" link next to that option.

3. Click the "Choose IPN Settings" button.

4. You should now be on the page where you can enter a URL into a text field. Please enter any URL there - you can use http://www.google.com/ for example - and then enable IPN and save.

5. Now click the link to "Turn off IPN".

Once you've performed these steps, you should no longer have a problem.

Message 2 of 5

Hi there,

Does that mean I can't setup a Paypal IPN notification on my weebly site?

How can I get users to pay to log in, and give them log in access immediately?

Thanks

Leeanna

Message 3 of 5

LeeLee, as far as IPN goes, that is the way it must be for the payment to work with our system. There may be third party options in the app center that do this, but you can’t do it natively the way our platform is currently.

Message 4 of 5

I am hoping applying to this old thread will still get a response.

I am opening a ticket with Paypal Merchant tech support, but it sounds like this thread is stating that we can not setup an IPN Listener process on our Weebly business site.  This could be a major issue and this is why...

The recommendation for using http://www.google.com/ in the Paypal IPN default URL setting does NOT work because of the following...

The third party stores are sending a reply to URL so the IPN works.

Doing any request for payment or invoicing from the PayPal interface uses the default URL put in the configuration dialog.  However this results in an error and eventually the IPN notifications are disabled for everyone.

We need a public IPN Listener that will simply send the proper response so this error does not occur.

Please give me further recommendations.

Message 5 of 5