x

Paypal checkout not working!

The paypal checkout has not been working with weebly since Monday, any timeline to fix this? Spoke with the people at paypal and they say it is a weebly integration issue? Losing business daily.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

This is a MAJOR problem. I will be calling starting at 9AM PST until this is fixed. Three calls already- thousands of dollars in orders- unable to be processed or check out. We have a huge event tomorrow with lots of advertising going into it for our site. If we can't process payments this weekend it's likely to cost us tens of thousands. At least send out an e-mail explaining why this is happening, how you are going to compensate, and when you are going to fix this.

Message 2 of 12

Testing things while I wait. I found out that if you enter a comment in the "Note to Seller" field under review and submit order it WILL actually redirect you. This works as a nice workaround if you process an order via phone but no one enters notes and will think this isn't working. I'm looking now to see if I can disable this function- I'll report back.

Message 3 of 12

I turned off the note to seller field and am completely unable to be redirected.

I am calling at  9EST.

In the mean time if you are experiencing this problem, please enable 

Store > Setup > Checkout > Checkout Options (Edit) > Toggle Enable Note to Seller ON > Save > Close with the X at the top left > Publish

When processing payment via phone, simply enter any text in the note to seller field like "Processed via phone" or anything so you minimize the money you're losing from the people that aren't calling you and just being plain turned off from the site not working properly.

Message 4 of 12

Spoke with Weebly support (phone was answered immediately).

Go to Store > Setup > Checkout > Next to Paypal click Update

If you don't have this connected to a business account you need to upgrade your paypal account to a business account then click update, enter your information, and grant access to weebly.

Hope this helps!

(Very curious how entering a note to seller bypasses this...?)

Message 5 of 12

Hello!

Sorry for the stress. When using Weebly with PayPal, you absolutely want to be sure you're using an updated account. It's the easiest way to ensure the two are integrated properly, and will save a lot of headaches down the line. If you run into any issues with the account updated, however, definitely let us know!

Message 6 of 12

What happened to the weebly shopping cart? I never had a problem in the past four years until the last 2 weeks, none of my items are including shipping. Nothing has changed on my paypal site, and I contacted them and they have advised its on weebly's end. I constantly have to send Invoices requesting another payment for the shipping, and this is becoming time consuming. I noticed that Weebly update (set up) the Paypal Payment Method as Paypal Express checkout. I asked Paypal, and they could not change my website and Weebly changed it from standard to Express, and Express checkout will not calculate the shipping fee (item price included shipping fee or shipping free method). 
Message 7 of 12
Square

Are you actually using PayPal express, @thawdar? You'll need to be using that and have set up shipping in Store > Setup > Shipping to charge shipping on your products.

Message 8 of 12

I am using Paypal (for both payment method and shipping rules) since I build my website four years ago. Weebly update (set up) the Paypal Payment Method as Paypal Express checkout.

I asked Paypal, and they could not change my website and Weebly changed it from standard to Express, and Express checkout will not calculate the shipping fee.

This is my second time contacting Weebly, with the first time Weebly blaming my host (domain.com). I already contacted them and they said they have no issues from their side. I have used Weebly E-commerce Element for last four years and I just paid $80.64 for another three years. If you cannot solve this issue, I ask you to refund $80.64

Message 9 of 12

Hello thawdar! Just to check in, have you set the shipping rules in your Weebly settings as well? That would usually be the easiest way to ensure everything is applied.

Message 10 of 12

@Queso @Adam

Please fix the problem with how the shopping cart is showing on smart phones. This is final "next" button before finalizing checkout that is jacked up and falling out of the frame. It looks very unprofessional and I am sure it is deterring sales. I have brought it up before over and over again for a month and you guys have still not fixed it. 

image^ That "next" button is jacked. Extremely unprofessional. 

Iphone 5S / ios10.3.1

I hope you guys are ensuring your platform is compatible with all common devices and operating systems. Please tell me that you guys are still testing your updates on more than an Iphone 7. There are tons of other devices out there that people use to browse websites and make purchases. Weebly has a responsibility to its users who pay to use their products to be creating compatible checkout carts for all major devices. Iphone 5s with ios 10.3.1 is well within a large population of common devices used to make purchases online and your checkout cart is not compatible with either my phone or my partners.

https://david-smith.org/iosversionstats/

Message 11 of 12
Square

Hmm.. I'm not sure right now if it's specific to your custom theme or a broader issue, though you can add this to Settings > SEO > Header Code to help in the meantime:

<style>
@media screen and (max-width: 600px)
{
.wsite-checkout-proceed
{
white-space: normal !important;
}
}
</style>

That should fix it in the meantime.

Message 12 of 12