x

People outside of the US...

Hi.

We recently signed up for weebly business mainly for the ecommerce side of things... (Even though I have hosting and weebly through "hostgator.com"

Now, I don't seem to have any options to integrate credit card payments into my site, the only option I can do is Paypal because I live in New Zealand and not a resident of the US...

This is all because under Settings/Checkout Options we have only 3 options...

1. Stripe ( I want to use this but because we aren't a US Citizen/resident we cannot sign up)

2. Square doesn't seem to offer ecommerce on your website.

3. Authorise.net only allows USD and I suspect they won't allow our country either...

Now the only way around this is via paypal, however I don't need to spend this level of money on a plan for paypal...Nor do I want my only / default payment method to be paypal..

Is there a solution around this? I am able to change currently, NZD, NZ tax rates and so forth, yet no way to pay via credit card.

If there is no way around this I will need to do a refund and go back to hostgator as It doesn't appear Weebly can offer people outside of USA (or selected other countries) a solution..

I look forward to your reply as I really want to get our site up and running ecommerce wise with a bunch of shows coming up soon.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Hello,

Currently we offer four payment processors.

Paypal supports> 203 markets and 26 currencies view full list here

Square supports> US, Canada, and Japan. They do not support countries outside of this area or U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Northern Mariana Islands. 

Authorize.net supports > US and Canada

Stripe supports > USD currency

For New Zealand, Square , Stripe and Authorize.net are not available at this moment. The only option is Paypal.

We have a lot of plans for Weebly in the future, which includes our eCommerce platform. We will be adding more payment processors and integrating more options for our customers around the globe.

With Paypal you can accept all major credit cards, (Mastercard, Discover, VISA and American Express) along with debit cards that sport one of the major credit card logos mentioned above.

What if you don't want to require that your customers have a Paypal account?

Simple. You can setup 'Guest Checkout". This feature enables your customers to make a purchase through PayPal using any major credit card without the need for a PayPal Account. This feature in Paypal, requires that you have a business or premiere Paypal account. There is no charge for the upgrade.

To enable the guest checkout feature for your customers.

1. Log in to your account at PayPal.com

2. Go to your Profile and select "More Options"

3. Choose "My Selling Tools" from the menu on the left.

4. Once there look for the section called "Selling Online".

5. Select Website Preference from this section and click the Update link.

6. Finally,  turn on the "PayPal Account Optional" selection and then SAVE your changes at the bottom of the page.

After this is completed publish your Weebly site and it will be automatically activated. Note: Paypal may sometimes take 1-2 hours to activate the option. Generally, it's automatic.

Message 2 of 8

Hi everyone.  Has that issue been solved? I'm looking for a way to collect membership fees on my website and would upgrade but only if bank deposits are ok.  The other option would be a user / password protection and I would handle the fees separately.  Would that be an option?  For which (upgraded) plan?  I live in Mexico.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
Square

We don't currently have any bank deposit options, and all our checkout providers are credit/debit card based (and PayPal). Stripe is an option in Mexico, so you can use that for credit cards.

How many members do you think you'll have? Starter can have up to 25, Pro can have 100, and Business and Performance can have an unlimited number of members.

Message 4 of 8

It's unfortunate that for a starter business (outside of the US) we have to choose the highest and most expensive plan(for Paypal) on Weebly just to get off the ground and it seriously limits our options.

Message 5 of 8
Square

Where are you located, @nixmiks? Our checkout providers are working to expand to other countries so it's probably just a matter of time before they're available where you live.

Message 6 of 8

I am also a startup and don't expect to be making much money for a while and don't want to outlay for the most expensive plan to get access to Paypal.
Message 9 of 8
Square

Thanks for the feedback, @Dee_G. Where are you located? Square or Stripe will not work in your area? 

Message 9 of 8