x

Priority Mail rate not calculating correctly--gives flat rate instead of weight-based total

I'm selling an item that weighs 3.5 lbs. No matter how many of these are bought, the shipping amount remains the same for Priority Mail. The rate for USPS Parcel Select changes as it should. Priority mail is acting like a flat rate box is being used, but it's not. How can I force the Priority Mail rate to change to reflect the accurate rate instead of using a flat rate?

As a temporary workaround, I've setup shipping to calculate as USPS Parcel Select only. When an order comes in, I plan to change it to Priority Mail in Shippo. This isn't a long-term solution, but it seems like it will charge a more accurate rate so I don't lose money on shipping until I can get it to work properly.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Sounds like you're using Real-time Shipping, right, @brellabox? What item are you seeing this with, and what address are you using (I don't need to know the specific street address if it's a private address - just city/state/etc).

Message 2 of 7

@Adam wrote:

Sounds like you're using Real-time Shipping, right, @brellabox? What item are you seeing this with, and what address are you using (I don't need to know the specific street address if it's a private address - just city/state/etc).

Yes to the Real-time Shipping.

It's this item http://www.brellaboxfishing.com/store/p6/BrellaBox_umbrella_rig_storage_box.html

Return address is Fredericksburg, VA 22408.

Items are shipping to Cambridge, MD

Message 3 of 7
Square

Hmm.. it seemed to work for me when I tried with a Cambridge, MD address.

It looked like you removed the backup shipping rate, although I'm not sure if that would have affected things or not.

Message 4 of 7

It works correctly for USPS Parcel Select, but not for Priority Mail.

I just re-enabled Priority Mail so you can see what it's doing. Add 4 items to your cart. It will show Priority Mail at $6.81 and Parcel Select at $11.84. 

Priority Mail is acting like there's a flat rate, but there's not.

(Appreciate your help on this.)

Message 5 of 7
Square

Ok, I see what you mean. Have you submitted a ticket to our support team yet? If not can do that? That'll get escalated to our advanced tech team who can triage it with our engineers:

http://hc.weebly.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Message 6 of 7

Will do. Thanks for your help.

Message 7 of 7