x

Products in multiple categories.......grr

So, i've been trying for a while to decide how to deal with the breadcrumb of products that are in multiple categories but i cant figure out the best way to deal with this, i was hoping to get some thoughts. 

So All my products are in the 'All Products' category which i renamed to be 'The Full Range' this seems to be the default category, so if a user navigates via another category the breadcrumb will show the 'The Full Range' so when they use the breadcrumb to go back they end up somewhere different!

I have tried adding the primary category first e.g 'Candle Holders' save the product and then go back in and add it to 'The Full Range', so on the product page with weebly where you edit details - Candle Holders shows first and The Full Range underneath. i then navigate to the product on via Candle Holders and 'The Full Range' appears in the breadcrumb... Smiley Sad this is super annoying! any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Try making all of your other categories sub-categories of your "Full Range" category. That should make it so it's always shown as part of the breadcrumbs on a product page.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Best Answer

Try making all of your other categories sub-categories of your "Full Range" category. That should make it so it's always shown as part of the breadcrumbs on a product page.

Message 2 of 4

thanks Adam, so just so im clear if i make Candle Holders a sub-category of Full Range, when the user navigates to a product via the candle holders category the break crumb will show candle holders instead of Full Range?

Message 3 of 4

That would be the idea, yes. That way, people can follow back to whatever level they left off at.

Message 4 of 4