x

Receipts

Can someone please help me with receipts, The receipt/order confirmation page pop up after a purchase doesn't have business details on it. and the order confirmation email doesn't have purchase date on it. making both not suitable for tax receipts. I don't know how to fix this. Please help

Tags (3)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square

Are you talking about a receipt you receive from us after purchasing a product, or are you talking about receipts that get sent to your customers?

Message 2 of 14

The receipts you automatically send to my customer as an order confirmation, all they need to become a legal tax receipt is the date of purchase, I feel this is such an obvious thing that I must be overlooking something.

I have tried </> embedding code, Merge Tags, even setting up a blog with HTML date code and adding that to the order confirmation email.

The other option for a receipt is the order confirmation page pop up straight after an order is placed. but that doesn't have a business name on it  It would be handy if we could customize at least a message on it so we could add the details ourselves.

Thanks

Message 3 of 14
Square

I see what you are saying.. it does make sense to me, and I'm not sure why this isn't already something that is included. I checked our feature request page and I'm not finding anything that has been submitted yet. Can you please create a new post so that we can start generating some feedback?

https://community.weebly.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/IdeaExchange/search-before-post-mode/true

Message 4 of 14

Has there been any progress on this. We need to be able to send receipts with our company name and date of purchase. The automated email has no way of including date of purchase. If a customer loses the email, there is now way for us to generate a proper receipt.

Message 5 of 14

Has there been any progress on this? I need to be able to send receipts to my customers? I am surprised if this is not a feature of weebly? 

Message 15 of 14
Square

Hi KF. I don't think there's been any changes. What are you trying to modify with the order confirmation email? 

Message 15 of 14

yes, i am also trying to modify the email and the wording that the email has.

this should be a basic tool.

Message 15 of 14
Square

Which part were you unable to edit, @gonzojoe? I checked your order confirmation email and it looks like you've heavily customized the text on it.

Message 15 of 14

Are we able to add our company logo to receipts like in the old square store? I can't find where to cusotmize this. 

Message 15 of 14
Square

Thanks for posting, @GoldenSpikes. I don' think there's a way to do that yet for Square Online Stores, unfortunately. I can see this being a great addition for brand consistency, though!

Message 15 of 14

How can I modify the receipts that are automatically sent to customers after a sale, to include the date/time of purchase?  This is required for VAT invoices.  There is no date on the receipts.  Knowing when an item is purchased is so important and it seems like a date would be automatically included, but it is not.  Please help.  Thank you,

Message 15 of 14
Square

Hi @DEDDonna It's not possible to edit the confirmation emails. The date and time of purchase is displayed on the order confirmation page once an order is placed. The customer would need to make sure to print or screenshot the order confirmation page before closing the page. It might be beneficial to include this information somewhere on your site so that the visitor is aware to print/save the information. 

Message 15 of 14

Don't hold your breath many people have been asking Weebly for better receipting for years they don't seem to have any interest in helping us out

Message 15 of 14