x

Remove Paypal Checkout

Hi,

We have downgraded to the starter pack. I have removed the page that had the store on it but I still get this error message when publishing. Click on 'Manage' does not take you to the place where it can be removed. How do I resolve?

Your site is using features your plan does not include. Upgrade now or remove the following features to publish your site.
Modify or remove these premium elements and features:

Paypal Checkout

Regards

Peter

Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Sorry for the trouble, @Peter65. Sounds like you need to go to Store > Checkout and disconnect from PayPal.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Square

Best Answer

Sorry for the trouble, @Peter65. Sounds like you need to go to Store > Checkout and disconnect from PayPal.

Message 2 of 40

Thanks Adam!

Message 3 of 40
Square

No problem!

Message 4 of 40

I am trying to remove paypal as a payment option but i am in checkout and there is no option to disconnect only options to connect the 2 credit cards. 

Message 5 of 40
Square

This is probably because you're logging in from an account which is an editor of the site and not the site owner, @ser. If you log in as the site's owner you should see an option to disconnect PayPal.

Message 6 of 40

How can I stop auto payment? please

Message 7 of 40
Square

Hi @Moaoun For which website? Or do you mean stop payment for a service in your account? 

Message 8 of 40

I don't have an active store on my site so this solution doesn't work for me. Why doesn't manage route you to where you can turn paypal off. This is a horrible UX flaw. 

Message 11 of 40
Square

Hi @JanaB What is the problem you are having? Do you get an error when you try to publish? 

Message 11 of 40

I am expirencing the same issue. Cannot publish Connected Site because of the Paypal Check Out. I have read the above but I am unable to find the store. It is listed at the top of my other sites but not on the site I want to remove it from. 

Message 21 of 40
Square

Which of your sites are you having trouble with, @marcjames? I can try disconnecting it for you.

Message 21 of 40

boxingmalta.com

#Next Generation 

Message 21 of 40
Square

Thanks! I've disconnected PayPal for you.

Message 21 of 40

Hi Adam, I read someone else's Lounge me sage and they are connected to Stripe and PayPal where for I go with Weebly, if I want to add PayPal? I already have PayPal business do you work with this?
Message 21 of 40
Square

From your dashboard, go to Settings > Checkout and you can connect to PayPal there in addition to Stripe or Square.

Message 21 of 40

Hi Adam,

I am also having the same problem with removing Paypal checkout on our elmhsresources page. 

Message 21 of 40
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @DirectorELMHS

Are you able to verify the domain name of the website you are looking to disconnect PayPal for?

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 40

Hello admin-

I too am having this issue. I upgraded over the summer to a business site and then decided it wasn't right for me/ my needs. I have been battling with the customer service email to try to get this disconnected/removed to no avail. Over the last few months I have been charged numerous times for this feature I have been trying to remove as well as was just charged a few extra times when I tried to copy the account and switch back to a starter account. The process of settings --> checkout --> remove is not an option for me. Please advise on other steps. This is reallllllllly frustrating and convincing me to leave weebly. (after 10+ years using this platform)

Message 21 of 40
Square

Thanks for your post, @charhager

I've refunded the two most recent renewal charges and removed the service so you don't get charged again. If you want to publish the site using the custom domain again, you'll need to upgrade to a paid plan (although it does not need to be the Business plan).

Message 21 of 40

Hi Guys, I am having same trouble as I downgraded to free version as I am not using shop anymore.

My problem is that my Shop tab has disappeared so I cant disable PayPal. 

I have checked I am using my correct log-in so that should be ok?

Thanks in advance, Greg.

Message 23 of 40