x

SSL certificate for Pro Plans?

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade to a ProPlan to build an ecommerce store for my website. The reason I chose Weebly is that I really like the checkout/ shopping cart and believed that it was protected by a Geotrust SSL. Does anyone know if this is still the case, please? I notice that Let's Encrypt is the certificate on my strater site but wondered if it was possible to upgrade to a Geotrust on other plans still?

Thanks so much,

Theresa

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

It wouldn't be possible to change who the issuer is for a site certificate, although it shouldn't really matter too much since the customizations that would come from a Geotrust certificate wouldn't really be useful for a Weebly site. Since we automatically renew certificates the 90 day renewal vs longer renewal time of Geotrust is a hassle you won't need to worry about.

Message 2 of 10

When the SSL certficate expires and renews does it cause the site to lose it's facebook likes?  I'm asking because when I first enabled your SSL certificate on my pro account all the prior facebook likes went from thousands to 0

Message 11 of 10
Square

That's a good question, @alexandrareader What is the name of the site, please? 

Message 11 of 10

Hi Bernadette, the site is thetahealingacademy.com

Message 11 of 10
Square

I've made a change to your account so you can enable SSL now, @alexandrareader.

Message 11 of 10

I'd already enabled the SSL certificate.

The question was about it's renewal.  When I first enabled it I lost over 400.000 facebook likes

When it renews after the 90 days will I lose my latest FB likes?

Message 11 of 10
Square

Since your site address will not be changing when your certificate renews, you won't lose any likes.

Message 11 of 10

Thank you Adam, one last question, does the certificate auto-renew or do I have to do something to renew it after the 90 days?

Message 11 of 10
Square

It auto-renews, so you don't need to do anything else. Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 10