x

Sales Tax Report

Is there no way I can print out a simple report of how much I collected in sales taxes? Do I really have to go through each individual sale and write down the amount of sales tax collected like it's 1970? 

Square doesn't give me any details about the sales that apparently came from my website, but I had to figure that out because it just categorizes it as "other." And it says I collected zero sales tax, so it doesn't even seem to know that I collected sales tax through my Weebly site. 

So it seems I can't get this information from Weebly OR Square. This is very basic information that every single retail business owner needs. Why is it so hard to find?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Hi @Jami_I If you export your orders via csv there should be a column for taxes collected. Navigate to your store page and click Orders. Then click on Export Orders and choose your date range. You will receive an email with a link to the download and then you can use Excel or Google Sheets (or something similar) to open the file. 

Message 7 of 6

Hey, there is no Sales Tax section in the exported CSV file.image

Message 7 of 6
Square

Was that exported from the Orders tab for your store, @FDSF? There should be a lot more information included for each order if you export your orders with the button on the top right of the Orders page.

Message 7 of 6

You need to export Orders.  That will have a column of Sales Tax collected.  You can bring that CSV file into a spreadsheet like Excel or Google Sheets and then sum up the Sales Tax column.  Let me know if you need more details on how to do that.

It would be much more convenient if, under the Insights | Sales report, Weebly listed the amount of Sales Tax collected for a given date range.

Message 7 of 6

Yes but this way you cannot selevtr a date period to choose from, that simply shows you the total from the first date of launching the store. I just want the total tax charged from 2019 or 2020 year. So i am guessing i have to manually go and add up every single one of over 1000 invoices for ht eyear!?!? Its outrageous that this platform foesnt have proper detailed sales report summaries to break this down for tax purposes. 

Message 7 of 6