x

Send production description to paypal

Since an  upgrade last week, we no long get the product description on our paypal receipts. This is not acceptable, as we have no idea what product the person has purchased. We have never managed to receive the purchase confirmations from weebly, so have to go into the dashboard  and orders to see what has been purchased. Please fix this!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Message 2 of 6

I just received the following email when I asked the same thing from the help line

Hello,

We are no longer sending product information or any other details to Paypal. All of that is handled on our side and can be found under the Store tab of your editor. Just click on Orders from the left menu. You will get a detailed order summary from us and a payment confirmation from Paypal.
We apologize for the confusion. Please let us know if anything else comes up.

Thank you!
Kellie S.
Customer Success Agent

Message 3 of 6

@twosoutherndiva wrote:

I just received the following email when I asked the same thing from the help line

Hello,

We are no longer sending product information or any other details to Paypal. All of that is handled on our side and can be found under the Store tab of your editor. Just click on Orders from the left menu. You will get a detailed order summary from us and a payment confirmation from Paypal.
We apologize for the confusion. Please let us know if anything else comes up.

Thank you!
Kellie S.
Customer Success Agent

@This exactly the opposite of what @JACLYN said yesterday in the "Q&A".  I wish they would pick a story and stick to it!  Also, as I have stated numerous times in different threads, PayPal will not accept Weebly's documentation.  

Message 4 of 6
Square

We're not sending the information because of the problems on PayPal's end; if we did, it could potentially cause problems with the order in general and it might not work at all. For now, it's better that orders are sent to and returned from PayPal successfully without certain info, than to send it and have it not always work.  Hope that explains it a little better!

Message 5 of 6

@Adam wrote:

We're not sending the information because of the problems on PayPal's end; if we did, it could potentially cause problems with the order in general and it might not work at all. For now, it's better that orders are sent to and returned from PayPal successfully without certain info, than to send it and have it not always work.  Hope that explains it a little better!

As stated in another thread, I don't understand how the problem is on PayPal's end when orders from other platforms are working as they always did.  

Another thing I don't understand is that until the Q&A session, every single response I've read from Weebly stated it was on Weebly's end.  

Message 6 of 6