x

Service Product Type - Options?

Hi all,

I'm just getting finished with my website, but found out that "Services" under the product type don't have options?  I do provide services but need to include options.  I tried just setting the product type to "Physical Good", but noticed while testing the checkout that a lot of fields I don't really want being "required" are (since I don't need address information, just email address).

First, is there any reason setting a service as a physical good would cause issue?  If so, any way of getting options for my service?

Second, are there ways for ME to decide what fields are or are not required for my customer's checkout page?

Thanks for any/all help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hello! Just to narrow things down a bit, what kind of options were you looking to use with your service?

Message 2 of 9

Thanks Queso!

You know, I realized after I posted (and closed down my computer for the day.. which didn't last as long as I thought it would) that I was very wrong about the checkout fields.  I know that accepting payment online needs things like addresses and etc for confirmation.  I guess my only concern is customers seeing a "ship to address" section.

As for the options, it's an online game where customers control a player (football or baseball) in a fictional simulation.  The options become however many training sessions the customer would like to have available to them daily (2-5.. 1 is the standard price).

Thanks again Queso!

Message 3 of 9

I see! That may fit the category of product a bit more easily. How long will the increased session count last for?

Message 4 of 9

Three months.

Message 5 of 9
Square

One thing you could do make different service products for each option, i.e. a 3 months service product, a 1 month service product, etc.

Message 6 of 9

Thanks Adam!

I haven't spent a LOT of time looking at the store features quite yet, but would I be able to group those into the same page?  I noticed a "category" section, but didn't look too much into how that works yet.

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 9

You can definitely set up products in categories to get them on the same page for your users, yes. I'd certainly recommend it myself.

Message 8 of 9

Thank you both!  I will definitely give that a thorough looking at tomorrow!

Message 9 of 9