x

ecommerce feature is no longer needed

Hello,

Like last time, I did a lot of googling, spent quite a considerable amount of time, and ended up with no definitive answer. Hence posting this to the world!

I had setup stocks94.com with an online store, whereas after 2 long months, we realized that we longer need it on our site. I have removed the products, setup info, and other necessary info. Is there anyway to permanently do away with it?

Also, what's the use of Settings > General > Site Category? I am unable to see any changes as such on the site.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

~ GSH

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Most people should have it within a week, and anyone else left should have it within a few more weeks at most.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square

That's pretty much all you need to do, @bozo-pops. You'll see those features in the editor, but your customers aren't going to see anything commerce related since you don't have any store content on the pages of your site.

Message 2 of 13

Hello Adam,

Ok. Seems like there is some misunderstanding on my end. Could you help me clarify it?

To test this scenario, I set up a dummy site with no store, in which case, I was able to enable SSL from the Settings page; whereas, I am unable to set up the SSL if I have chosen the store option. Now my questions are:

• How do I go back to a site with no store from the existing site with store option?
  • If I disable the store in the existing site, shouldn't the SSL option be enabled?
  • If not, then isn't this a bug?

Site URL: http://stocks94.com

Also, while you are at this, what is the purpose of the Settings > General > Site Category drop-down list?

~ GSH

Message 3 of 13
Square

We're still in the process of rolling out SSL for all sites, so you might see one site have the option to enable SSL and another site not have the option. SSL isn't tied to the top of site you have or if you want to use our store features or not.

The site category option is something we use on our end for data reasons, but it doesn't actually have any effect on your site itself.

Message 4 of 13

Apologies for the delayes response, @Adam.

Your response does indeed clarify that the SSL will be available across all sites. Is there a tentative timeline by when it will be across all sites? My client is waiting to have the SSL available for Stocks94.

Is there anything that I can do from my end to expedite the process? Awaiting a positive response from your end Smiley Happy 

~ GSH

Message 5 of 13
Square

Best Answer

Most people should have it within a week, and anyone else left should have it within a few more weeks at most.

Message 6 of 13

Thank you for the update, @Adam. Looking forward for the update Smiley Happy

Thanks again for promptly responding in a jiffy!

~ GSH

Message 7 of 13
Square

No problem. I'm glad we're going to be giving this to everyone free! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13

Hello @Adam,

I am reaching out to know the status of the SSL rollout to the sites. My client is following up quite often now since it has been 3 weeks I communicated about this to them. Is there any update on it?

Appreciate your reponse on this.

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 13
Square

It looks like it was rolled out to the account that has the site mentioned above, @bozo-pops. You should be able to enable it now on the Settings tab.

Message 10 of 13

That's fantastic, mate, @Adam! I just saw it in the Settings tab and have provided the details. Awaiting the confirmation.

Thanks a lot for the follow-up, @Adam.

Message 11 of 13
Square

No problem, although I did was check to see if it was there for you. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13

We are now on HTTPS. Thanks a ton, @Adam!

Message 13 of 13