x

Can my stores gift card be reloaded on another square?

Here is what I can find:

Gift Card 0054

January 2th 2017 was swiped for 43.75 with a gift card balance of 31.25

January 12th 2017 it was swiped for 31.25 remaining balance was put on a cc 14.75

April 12th 2017 same gift card was swiped for 89.86 (?)with a remaining balance on gc for 60.14

April 12th 2017(yes same day and yes same GC was swiped for 24.00 with a remainder of 36.14 on gc

May 17th 2017 someone came in to check balance (at the time we would ring up a penny and swipe the gc to see how much was left on the GC)( we didnt know we could check in the gc section) the amount came to 36.12

August 1 2017 someone came in to check on amount open to buy on gc amount was 36.12

December 27 2017 a little old lady came in with the GC and stated she won it at a raffle. (which we donate gc's but only for the amount of 25.00)So she picked some items out the total was 78.84 we ran the GC through and we told her the amount she owed us was 17.72. She stated there is a mistake... this gc was for the denomination of 25. my employee looked again and stated to the lady no.. There is an amount of 61.12 on the GC. so when the lady left I went back and found all this activity on the GCin our activity section of our square. 

#1 What is the logical explaination?

#2 We dont reload cards so how can this card be reloaded.

#3 How and where can I find when this card was originally loaded and  when it was reloaded.

#4 Also during these transactions there was a cc used how and where can I whose cc was part of the transactions.

please advise 

These are huge discrepancies for a business of my size if it is multiplied.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

This is very interesting.   Here are a couple things to look at.  Depending on what you find you may need to contact support.

One) In the Dashboard go to Sales / Gift Cards, click Export, Detail csv.  This report will list all cards.  Look for this number.  You can sort by column be to make it easier.  Is there more than one card ending in this suffix.  If there is then that is part of your answer.

Two) You know that dates this card was used. Goto / Sales / Transactions, Filter by Date this year, Filter payment method to Gift Card, in the card number search box enter 0054.  This may be what you did to get the original info.

Now, click on one of the transactions.  In the transaction, it will show in Blue "Gift Card 0000" Click on it and it will give you the complete activity of this gift card.

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 2