x

Receipt issue - No price on printed receipt

Hello,

I am a new user of Square POS.

We set up the machine and digital receipt are sent fine with all the information we configured on the website.

However, the printed receipt does not show the same information. it misses logo, items price etc.

When I check the printer set up and print a test receipt, the logo appear. I wish I could attach picture to illustrate my explaination.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @MlleLouise

Go in and double check your printer settings - you might have it set to print Order Tickets and not Receipts. 

Order tickets are meant for the staff to be able to fulfill the order and do not have prices or the Header. 

Go into Settings on your POS, tap Printers, and tap on your Printer Stations to edit what they print. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Hello @MlleLouise! Wecome to the seller community!

First thing to check is on your dashboard. Accounts & Settings -> Business -> Receipt

If everything is set up the way you want it here, try logging out and logging back in to your app. It may just need a little extra push to get all the data to print correctly.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 9

Thank you !

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @MlleLouise

Go in and double check your printer settings - you might have it set to print Order Tickets and not Receipts. 

Order tickets are meant for the staff to be able to fulfill the order and do not have prices or the Header. 

Go into Settings on your POS, tap Printers, and tap on your Printer Stations to edit what they print. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 9

This did not apply to my situation.  We are having the same issue.  It used to be fine...not sure what happened?  the item description is on receipt, just not the prices?  anyone?   It is correct in settings. 

Message 5 of 9

My receipt does not print out looking like the receipt that it shows under Account & settings then Receipt.  The printed receipt also does not print the prices on it.  How do I fix this issue?

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @jfjwilliamson

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as one of your fellow sellers ran into the same issue. 

Check out the suggestion in the Best Answer and let me know if that does the trick for you. 

Message 7 of 9

At our Square POS: the thermal printer receipts have everything but the prices. It's not my printer-I tested with a sub.  In Dashboard the receipt looks correct, when it prints it does not.  Please help.  

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @overyonderdune,

Thanks for being a member of the Community.

Check out this Best Answer, and let me know if that works.

If you're still running into issues, please reply with a picture or screenshot of your printer station settings.

Message 9 of 9