x

Maker Fundraisers

Hello, I'm Jen, a rhinestone artist. I make bling tumblers, wine cups & coming soon disney, hello kitty & kids cups. 

I love giving back to my community, and am wondering if any of you Makers offer fundraisers to schools?  If so, can you please share how you structure it?

Thank you, 

Jen

Owner of Beach Blingz & Thingz

(Shop- to reference what I make) 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeachBlingzandThingz

190 Vistas
Mensaje 1 de 5
Denunciar contenido inapropiado
Respuestas
Square Community Moderator

Hello @BLINGZANDTHINGZ, thanks for reaching out! I'm glad you decided to join our community! 😊👏 Those tumblers are so cute, I love them! 🏖️🥤

I want to make sure I understand, are you wanting to fundraise your items at schools? Or have a fundraiser to donate to schools? 

156 Vistas
Mensaje 2 de 5
Administrador

Thanks so much for this post, Jen! Also, very cool to hear that you are looking to give back to your community 🙌

Tagging some Sellers here who might have some advice based on their experience with this. @rtfulk@JK_Fiber_Art@BlushOrganics@GooseKing, and @queenbeeon25th

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
153 Vistas
Mensaje 3 de 5

Ive only every been part of shows at schools and donated a percentage of the proceeds.

111 Vistas
Mensaje 4 de 5
Beta Member

Wow, that's amazing that you were able to get licensing to sell Disney and Hello Kitty...most independent makers can't even begin to afford that.

In answer to your question, I've done collaborations with different on campus groups before, primarily Band Boosters and FFA in my case. We agreed upon prices for the items they would order from me, then they set their own prices to offer to the public for the fundraiser, did all of their own advertising, took all of the orders within a specified period, and then brought me the final list of what they needed. I took a smaller profit than i normally would have gotten on the items but I also didn't have to do any of the heavy lifting in terms of promotion and orders/money collection etc.

With some of the school groups I've worked with, the administration had to give final approval (for example on the items that used the school mascot they wanted to make sure it was an accurate and appropriate depiction), but in other cases the admin let the organization pretty much have free reign on items they wanted to sell. Also in some cases the money had to pass through the activities office and have proper paperwork in place (formal PO's, Requisitions, W-9 on file etc) and in others, they handled their own accounts and basically just cut me a check.

What it boils down to is that each district sets their own policies so you need to make sure you know what they expect.

78 Vistas
Mensaje 5 de 5