x

Customer upload file area for ecommerce site!

Hi folks,

Just starting up my ecommerce business, and I seriously need a customer upload file section under each of my items. Is there such a thing in Square? And if not...how do I get around this?

I'm thinking if doing separate emails for each customer will become confusing trying to keep track.

Just want to get it right the first time, as I'm currently creating the website.

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @DarRox 🙂 congrats on setting up your business! 

I can confirm that the option for a customer to upload a file is currently a feature request. 

What we currently offer is a way for customers to leave you written notes or to a text box on an item sale, for example, an item that offers custom engraving. 

Would either of those options work? Feel free to share some more details about your business and we'll do our best to offer some ideas 🙂 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 4

Good morning @Breffni ,

Thankyou for the reply.

After going through it, it would work for some, but not for customers who need to upload their own images they'd like to have on their items, if ya know what I mean.

Sometimes having them to email images separately to their order throws them off, cos it seems to much trouble/ or it's an extra step they don't want to do.

The upload image in modifiers would work perfectly.

I could use another platform of embedding a form from another company, but that's extra dollars than what I'm already spending just to get it up and running, plus I'd like to keep it all running through Square. Just to save confusion 🙂

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @DarRox👋

Taking over for @Breffni here 😊

Thank you for providing some additional details. I can definitely see how being able to provide a modifier where customers upload their image would be beneficial to a business like yours. Customers being able to upload a file is a feature request. 

If you would like, you can submit your suggestion to our Ideate Board in the Seller Community. Our Product Teams keep their eyes on this form as they are constantly working to improve our products and features. 

In the meantime, you can check out this integration that may be an option. 

I hope this helps!

Message 4 of 4