x

Create a Link is NOT working properly since it was upgraded.

Create a Link is NOT working properly since it was upgraded. The old 'create a link' worked perfectly, but now it is NOT working. PLEASE HELP!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 76
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @TheBreeze !

There is a bit of a trick to getting the URL you place in the Link field to stick.  After you highlight your text (if you're linking text), when you go to the Link settings and add your URL in the field, then click in the white space below field within the Link settings window.  That will lock the URL in the field and then it will save and work properly.  I also noticed that if you're linking an image, there's an additional step.  After clicking in the white space below the URL field, you then need to click the little back carrot in the upper left of the box, and then it will save.

My apologies for the inconvenience.  If you still encounter difficulties after trying the above, feel free to send me a direct message and I'll look into it further for you.  Have a great day and Happy Weeblying!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

Best Answer

Hello @TheBreeze !

There is a bit of a trick to getting the URL you place in the Link field to stick.  After you highlight your text (if you're linking text), when you go to the Link settings and add your URL in the field, then click in the white space below field within the Link settings window.  That will lock the URL in the field and then it will save and work properly.  I also noticed that if you're linking an image, there's an additional step.  After clicking in the white space below the URL field, you then need to click the little back carrot in the upper left of the box, and then it will save.

My apologies for the inconvenience.  If you still encounter difficulties after trying the above, feel free to send me a direct message and I'll look into it further for you.  Have a great day and Happy Weeblying!

Message 2 of 76

Hello, Thank you for your reply and answer to the problem.  Perhaps it would be a good idea to post this under the Create A Link section so everyone will know to do it and not spend hours trying to figure it out

Message 3 of 76

Having the same problems with this - three websites - and this feature which was once so each is now driving me insane!  Any suggestions? Cheers Karen

Message 4 of 76
Square

Hey @kazlyme - after entering your link, click the < button on the top of the popup before doing anything else.  This should ensure that the link is being saved for you.

Message 5 of 76

I got the same problem and your advise didn't help. when I enter the URL and choose 'connect', the popup disappears and nothing happened with the link. what can I do to make the link stick? it is really anoying!

Message 6 of 76
Square

@chris_72 wrote:

I got the same problem and your advise didn't help. when I enter the URL and choose 'connect', the popup disappears and nothing happened with the link. what can I do to make the link stick? it is really anoying!

Sorry to hear that. What are you trying to link with (text, image, etc), and what are you trying to link it to, @chris_72?

Message 7 of 76

everything (URL, picture, ...) I try to link to a text does not work. in fact, al 'link'-functions don't work like all the posts here indicate as well. thanks for your response.

Message 8 of 76

hi adam

any hints re the above?? thanks, chris_72

Message 9 of 76

I had the same problem and this seems to be actually working for text. Thanks. But how do I link from images? That still doesn't work.

Message 10 of 76

Why is it so difficult just to add a link?

I can not make it work.

Earlier on I´ve linked plenty of times. Why doesn´t it work now.

Message 11 of 76
Square

@alfernes11 wrote:

Why is it so difficult just to add a link?

I can not make it work.

Earlier on I´ve linked plenty of times. Why doesn´t it work now.

Sorry to hear that, @alfernes11.  What step are you taking when you want to make a link, and what happens when you try?

Message 12 of 76

It still does not work. I mark the text, I click the link icon, the pop-up opens, I select website-URL, I type or paste the link. I tested it with and without clicking into the white space and so forth... NOTHING happens. Please fix this asap.

If these mishaps keep happening, I will take my business elsewhere.

Message 13 of 76

It is June 1 and I am still having difficulties linking on Weebly.  It is annoying and time consuming.  The old way to link worked perfectly - if it ain't broken why fix it??  Even with all the "fix it" suggestions here, it is time consuming.  Please bring back the old way to link and stop fooling around with functions that are functioning well.  Another suggestion is to put the "open in another window" box up top - not at the bottom of the list where you don't even know its there.  I am thinking whoever is creating these functions doesn't use the site.  Please, make this site easier not more difficult.  Thank you!!

Message 14 of 76

Create a Link is NOT working properly since it was upgraded.

Even with the tricks discribed above. 

Even copie an old link and change the URL won't work.

Is there a way to edit the HTML of the text I insert.

So I can do it that way?

Really need this option.

Message 15 of 76

Solution in Chrome

1.Select text

2.Insert hyperlink via menubutton.

3.Move Menu pop aside so you can see the selected text.

4.Insert URL in the menu popup  and press  Insert URL in the menu.

5.Go to selected text and click on it. So on the selected text.

Not in the popup menu.

6.Publish your site

Message 16 of 76

This works in Safari as well.

Message 17 of 76

Adding a link should be a simple/easy process using any browser with any operating system, and NOT having to do the 'hokey-pokey' holding your mouth just right.  Just saying, Breezie

Message 18 of 76

I can't actually get the pop-up menu to open - I can click the button many times, and it doesn't open, then it will start to open but only briefly enough to see the outline, then it diappears again. All the solutions on this topic so far assume you can actually get as far as seeing the pop-up box.

It does work occassionally, but I have to click 20, 30 times before that happens. Very frustrating!

Message 19 of 76

This is still NOT working, at least not in Opera. Can it be SO hard to fix it???

Message 20 of 76
Square

@hzottel wrote:

This is still NOT working, at least not in Opera. Can it be SO hard to fix it???

Can you try a different browser like Chrome or FireFox? We do our best to support most browsers, although Opera isn't one that we specifically support.

Message 21 of 76