x

GDPR and Weebly's Google Analytics Code (not the site owner code)

In order to be GDPR compliant, I need to have control over all analytics gathered, and how those analytics are processed.

I do not have that control with Weebly's forced insertion of their analytics code, which means I do not have the full control over data and how it is processed. The time has come for Weebly to remove their GA code from all websites.

As a service provider, you track stats regardless (though the methodology of gathering that data is different). As such, you don't need to insert a GA code on my (and all other) sites, and now I am not sure it is still legal to do so from a GDPR standpoint. 

I would like a response as to what will be done about the Weebly GA code, and that answer needs to include specific GDPR references about data control (section, page number, line number, and version of GDPR compliance documentation being used) should Weebly not choose to remove their GA code.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Please refer to our Privacy Notice regarding the analtyics code, @RyanWright:

https://www.weebly.com/privacy

What you're looking for is under section 2. What Personal Information Does Weebly Collect? in part (e) Third Party Analytics Services.

Message 5 of 4

Hi @Adam,

I have read through the Weebly privacy policy (with a much more thorough set of opt out options).

What I was referring to however was the GDPR regulations.

Message 5 of 4

This - and other GDPR relevant stuff - needs to be addressed quickly; otherwise Weebly is a no-go for your EU-customers.
Cheers
Message 5 of 4